Best Tibetan Font download?

This is a space for inquiries about various languages, translations, or anything else related to language.

Best Tibetan Font download?

Postby PadmaVonSamba » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:10 pm

Can you suggest a good...no...the best Tibetan font download? I have one called TibetanMachineWeb, and it works pretty well except that sometimes its components go where I don't want them to.

Also, I am looking for an image the seed syllable "Dhrum"

thanks.
Profile Picture: "The Foaming Monk"
The Chinese characters are Fo (buddha) and Ming (bright). The image is of a student of Buddhism, who, imagining himself to be a monk, and not understanding the true meaning of the words takes the sound of the words literally. Likewise, People on web forums sometime seem to be foaming at the mouth.
Original painting by P.Volker /used by permission.
PadmaVonSamba

Re: Best Tibetan Font download?

Postby muni » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:15 pm

PadmaVonSamba wrote:Can you suggest a good...no...the best Tibetan font download? I have one called TibetanMachineWeb, and it works pretty well except that sometimes its components go where I don't want them to.

Also, I am looking for an image the seed syllable "Dhrum"

thanks.

Seed syllabel.
http://www.rigpawiki.org/index.php?titl ... _Syllables
muni

Re: Best Tibetan Font download?

Postby PadmaVonSamba » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:11 pm

Thanks again!!
Profile Picture: "The Foaming Monk"
The Chinese characters are Fo (buddha) and Ming (bright). The image is of a student of Buddhism, who, imagining himself to be a monk, and not understanding the true meaning of the words takes the sound of the words literally. Likewise, People on web forums sometime seem to be foaming at the mouth.
Original painting by P.Volker /used by permission.
PadmaVonSamba

Return to Language