'agod pa

Looking for translations, or for help with translations and transliterations? This is the place.
Josef

'agod pa

Post by Josef »

Well, what the heck does it mean?
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
Pero

Re: 'agod pa

Post by Pero »

Nangwa wrote:Well, what the heck does it mean?
That doesn't seem to be anything according to either of my dictionaries (assuming you put it in Wylie). But god pa is decreased, diminished, lost.

edit: Just remembered. Perhaps you misread the Tibetan and it says 'god pa?
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Josef

Post by Josef »

Pero wrote:
That doesn't seem to be anything according to either of my dictionaries (assuming you put it in Wylie). But god pa is decreased, diminished, lost.

I thought of that. I checked the text again and it seems like I have it right.
I haven't been able to find anything either. Although the closest I have gotten is lost, diminished, etc.
The text I am looking at definitely has an a chung before the ga.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Nangwa wrote:
Pero wrote:

I thought of that. I checked the text again and it seems like I have it right.
I haven't been able to find anything either. Although the closest I have gotten is lost, diminished, etc.
The text I am looking at definitely has an a chung before the ga.

"establish", etc it is not 'agod but rather simply 'god.
Josef

Post by Josef »

thanks Namdrol.
That makes more sense.

Return to “Language”