Three Doors Academy to teach Bon practices

Discussion of the fifth religious tradition of Tibet.

Moderator: Tibetan Buddhism moderators

Three Doors Academy to teach Bon practices

Postby phantom59 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:54 pm

Dear Beloved Sangha and Friends,

Since coming to the West over twenty years ago to share the teachings of Bön-Buddhism, I have witnessed many people benefit in their personal, relational, and professional lives from Bön's legacy of wisdom and compassion. Over those two decades I have continually worked on how best to present the teachings coherently and effectively in a cultural context so different from my own. Almost without exception, the teachings and practices healing Body, Speech and Mind (The Nine Breathings of Purification, Tsa Lung, Five Warriors Syllables, and Fivefold Practice) have been the most useful and transformative.

Recently, with the blessings of Yongdzin Rinpoche and His Holiness, I have created a structure for a meditation program to present the pith teachings and practices of Body, Speech, and Mind to the general public. This program, called The Three Doors, presents the Bön practices outside of their monastic context, offering them to modern people in a contemporary way. This is necessary in order to make the medicine of these practices available to those who would otherwise find them too foreign or inaccessible.

In order to take these teachings into the world, we have created a comprehensive three-year training program for sangha members who feel called to be Three Doors teachers. The first trainees in this program will be sangha members who integrate The Three Doors Practices into their lives and long to share their benefit with others. This training, called The Three Doors Academy, will begin in the United States in April 2011. The first European Academy, to be held in Germany, will begin in August 2011 (the application process for this Academy is now open). We also plan to start an Academy in Mexico this year.

The three-year Academy is an experiential, in depth training in which you will learn how to transform your life using The Three Doors Practices (The Nine Breathings, Tsa Lung, Five Warriors Syllables, and Fivefold Practice). You will also learn how to present these practices to others. After graduating from The Three Doors Academy, those who become certified as official teachers will be authorized by me to teach programs for the public anywhere in the world. These public programs, The Three Doors Seminars, are weekend training programs which introduce the practices to the public in a secular form. Certified graduates of the Academy may also choose to take these teachings to the world in other ways, for example, through hospitals, educational organizations, or business environments.

If you are interested in learning more about The Three Doors Academy in Europe, the United States, or Mexico, I invite you to explore the curriculum and online application process pages here on our website.

Yours in the Dharma,
Tenzin Wangyal

http://the3doors.org/academy-overview/l ... poche.html
phantom59

Return to Bön