The Rushen Preliminaries of Bönpo Dzogchen

Discussion of the fifth religious tradition of Tibet.
Lhug-Pa

The Rushen Preliminaries of Bönpo Dzogchen

Postby Lhug-Pa » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:14 am

Greetings

Which books of unrestricted availablity, besides Heart Drops of Dharmakaya, have complete Rushen instructions?

Well, actually, the English translation of Heart Drops of Dharmakaya is missing the Rushen practice of which I believe is related to .

And is the Guru Yoga practice found within Vajranatha's (John Myrdhin Reynolds) book Oral Tradition From Zhang-Zhung a complete Guru Yoga practice?

It seems to me that if we were to practice Dzogchen on our own, that we should most definitely work first with the, what seem to me to be, Dzogchen prerequisites, i.e. , (or at least the Gnostic or the of Hindu Tantra), Rushen (and/or Semdzin), and Trekchö; before even attempting Thögal.

Is the Bönpo Rushen, and its Mantra, which is the (related to Longsal?) that is mentioned, but not described, in Heart Drops of Dharmakaya; found within Vajranatha's ?

Sarva Mangalam

Josef

Re: The Rushen Preliminaries of Bönpo Dzogchen

Postby Josef » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:21 am

The Six Loka Rushen is a common Rushen. It comes from the Buddhist Dzogchen tantras. For instance, Jigme Lingpa also gives this instruction in the Yeshe Lama. The Longsal cycle contains slightly different instructions but the essence is the same.

mutsuk

Postby mutsuk » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:49 am

Lhug-Pa

Postby Lhug-Pa » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:28 am

Lhug-Pa

Postby Lhug-Pa » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:35 am

Return to “Bön”