The Rushen Preliminaries of Bönpo Dzogchen

Discussion of the fifth religious tradition of Tibet.

Moderator: Tibetan Buddhism moderators

Re: The Rushen Preliminaries of Bönpo Dzogchen

Postby Pema Rigdzin » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:15 am

Lhug-Pa wrote:If Samael Aun Weor plagiarized, then so did just about every other writer on any form of Esotericism.

Lhugpa, you see, the difference in Buddhism and Bon is that we base our fundamental beliefs not on the conceptual mental turnings of intellectuals and speculative philosophers, but rather on the complete, direct wisdom of enlightened beings such as the Buddha or Tonpa Shenrab. In the case of writings that we follow by individuals without that level of realization, or maybe any, they are based on the writings of Buddhas and Bodhisattvas, rather than being wholly original, speculative works. They are connected to the lineage of the Buddha/Tonpa Shenrab.
Pema Rigdzin

Postby Sönam » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:12 pm

Yes, lineage is of most importance. It's even that that gives a sense.

Sönam
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -
Sönam

Postby Lhug-Pa » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:28 pm

My main focus is Dzogchen, yet I'm not considering to abandon Gnosis either; however I'll refrain from saying much more about this for right now, as I do not want to become somehow responsible for causing any sort of split in the Sangha (there are many other disciples of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche who post here).

If in Meditating upon it I conclude that something more should be said, then perhaps I will.

Best Regards
Lhug-Pa

Previous

Return to Bön