What are some of your fruits of the Path?

Whether you're exploring Buddhism for the first time or you're already on the path, feel free to ask questions of any kind here.

What are some of your fruits of the Path?

Postby Challenge23 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:54 am

Hey,

I have been thinking about a lot of stuff(styles of learning and how they integrate with the traditional transition method of some schools of Buddhism, that sort of thing) and realized that I don't "know" that many people who have been dedicated towards the Dharma, worked toward the goal of realizing the Dharma and got some form of tangible progress. I know the Buddha(kinda), the HHDL(again, kinda ish), and I think my teacher is pretty attained but I haven't been able to sit down with them over a soda and veggie shoarma.

So, who has gotten tangible progress?

Now, you will be able to veer off a little if you like but I would humbly ask that you at least post the following.

1. Tradition/Practice
2. How long you engaged in said Tradition/Practice.
3. What was the fruit?

Also I'd love from all types, from people who don't snap at their coworkers to individuals who could levitate to my house and remind me that I need to go to bed.
I'm an agnostic in the same sense that Robert Anton Wilson was, except his reaction was laughter. Mine isn't.

I am not a teacher in any tradition, Buddhist or otherwise. Anything that I have posted should not be taken as representing the view of anyone other than my own. And maybe Larry S. Smith of Montgomery, Alabama. But most likely just me.
Challenge23

Re: What are some of your fruits of the Path?

Postby duckfiasco » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:30 pm

Hi! I think maybe part of the reason no one's replied so far is because dedicating the merit of your practice to all beings means they're not your fruits :)

I think it's safe to say though that if all of us didn't feel there were some benefit to others, we wouldn't continue practicing.

Peace :heart:
The Perfect Way knows no difficulties
Except that it refuses to make preferences;
Only when freed from hate and love,
It reveals itself fully and without disguise.
- Sengcan (tr. Suzuki)
duckfiasco

Postby Wesley1982 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:14 pm

The Path to Liberation or the Buddha's way is called Megga the well-trodden path.
Wesley1982

Postby Wesley1982 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:36 pm

Challenge23 wrote:So, who has gotten tangible progress?

Now, you will be able to veer off a little if you like but I would humbly ask that you at least post the following.

1. Tradition/Practice
3. What was the fruit?

I became objective and realistic about myself.
Wesley1982

Postby Spirituality » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:19 pm

Challenge23 wrote:Hey,

I have been thinking about a lot of stuff(styles of learning and how they integrate with the traditional transition method of some schools of Buddhism, that sort of thing) and realized that I don't "know" that many people who have been dedicated towards the Dharma, worked toward the goal of realizing the Dharma and got some form of tangible progress. I know the Buddha(kinda), the HHDL(again, kinda ish), and I think my teacher is pretty attained but I haven't been able to sit down with them over a soda and veggie shoarma.

So, who has gotten tangible progress?

1. Tradition/Practice
3. What was the fruit?

Also I'd love from all types, from people who don't snap at their coworkers to individuals who could levitate to my house and remind me that I need to go to bed.

1) Tibetan Buddhism (Gelugpa, FPMT)
2) about a year
3) I'm a lot happier: not only does the meditation make me happier, but it seems to have also given me a way of tapping into a basic happiness in my ordinary life. I find myself smiling at the oddest times.
Spirituality

Return to Exploring Buddhism