What are some of your fruits of the Path?

General discussion, particularly exploring the Dharma in the modern world.
[N.B. This is the forum that was called ‘Exploring Buddhism’. The new name simply describes it better.]
Challenge23

What are some of your fruits of the Path?

Postby Challenge23 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:54 am

Hey,

I have been thinking about a lot of stuff(styles of learning and how they integrate with the traditional transition method of some schools of Buddhism, that sort of thing) and realized that I don't "know" that many people who have been dedicated towards the Dharma, worked toward the goal of realizing the Dharma and got some form of tangible progress. I know the Buddha(kinda), the HHDL(again, kinda ish), and I think my teacher is pretty attained but I haven't been able to sit down with them over a soda and veggie shoarma.

So, who has gotten tangible progress?

Now, you will be able to veer off a little if you like but I would humbly ask that you at least post the following.

1. Tradition/Practice
2. How long you engaged in said Tradition/Practice.
3. What was the fruit?

Also I'd love from all types, from people who don't snap at their coworkers to individuals who could levitate to my house and remind me that I need to go to bed.
IN THIS BOOK IT IS SPOKEN OF THE SEPHIROTH & THE PATHS, OF SPIRITS & CONJURATIONS, OF GODS, SPHERES, PLANES & MANY OTHER THINGS WHICH MAY OR MAY NOT EXIST. IT IS IMMATERIAL WHETHER THEY EXIST OR NOT. BY DOING CERTAIN THINGS CERTAIN RESULTS FOLLOW; STUDENTS ARE MOST EARNESTLY WARNED AGAINST ATTRIBUTING OBJECTIVE REALITY OR PHILOSOPHICAL VALIDITY TO ANY OF THEM.

Wagner, Eric; Wilson, Robert Anton (2004-12-01). An Insider's Guide to Robert Anton Wilson (Kindle Locations 1626-1629). New Falcon Publications. Kindle Edition., quoting from Alister Crowley

Monlam Tharchin

Re: What are some of your fruits of the Path?

Postby Monlam Tharchin » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:30 pm

Hi! I think maybe part of the reason no one's replied so far is because dedicating the merit of your practice to all beings means they're not your fruits :)

I think it's safe to say though that if all of us didn't feel there were some benefit to others, we wouldn't continue practicing.

Peace :heart:
Amitabha!

Wesley1982

Postby Wesley1982 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:14 pm

The Path to Liberation or the Buddha's way is called Megga the well-trodden path.

Wesley1982

Postby Wesley1982 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:36 pm

Challenge23 wrote:So, who has gotten tangible progress?

Now, you will be able to veer off a little if you like but I would humbly ask that you at least post the following.

1. Tradition/Practice
3. What was the fruit?

I became objective and realistic about myself.

Spirituality

Postby Spirituality » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:19 pm

Challenge23 wrote:Hey,

I have been thinking about a lot of stuff(styles of learning and how they integrate with the traditional transition method of some schools of Buddhism, that sort of thing) and realized that I don't "know" that many people who have been dedicated towards the Dharma, worked toward the goal of realizing the Dharma and got some form of tangible progress. I know the Buddha(kinda), the HHDL(again, kinda ish), and I think my teacher is pretty attained but I haven't been able to sit down with them over a soda and veggie shoarma.

So, who has gotten tangible progress?

1. Tradition/Practice
3. What was the fruit?

Also I'd love from all types, from people who don't snap at their coworkers to individuals who could levitate to my house and remind me that I need to go to bed.

1) Tibetan Buddhism (Gelugpa, FPMT)
2) about a year
3) I'm a lot happier: not only does the meditation make me happier, but it seems to have also given me a way of tapping into a basic happiness in my ordinary life. I find myself smiling at the oddest times.

Return to “Dharma in Everyday Life”