Altar in Bedroom

Whether you're exploring Buddhism for the first time or you're already on the path, feel free to ask questions of any kind here.

Re: Altar in Bedroom

Postby catmoon » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:30 am

You could just put a little curtain around the shrine. This would not be for the Buddha's benefit, but simply a means to maintain a separation between Dharma things and sexual things. If you want to do that.
Sergeant Schultz knew everything there was to know.
catmoon
Former staff member

Postby zenkarma » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:56 am

I would suggest using a condom. You could put it over the buddhas head before you "do it" and that way he couldnt see you. In case he could hear you, i would suggest singing hymns while you get busy. Personally, i have always liked "Onward Christian Soldiers".
The substance of the Absolute is inwardly like wood or stone, in that it is motionless, and outwardly like the void, in that it is without bounds or obstructions. It is neither subjective nor objective, has no specific location, is formless, and cannot vanish. ~Huang Po
zenkarma

Postby TaTa » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:25 am

Hey i have a big room that has the form of a letter "L". On one side there are two beds where i sleep and on the other side i have my pc and im setting up a little shrine(a small buddha statue with a kalu rimpoche pic and and a chenrezig pic) and i also keep my dharma books next to them.

Its ok if I move this 3 items to another place where i meditate and then put them back on the altar?? This is because i meditate beside my bed but i dont want to keep the dharma stuff near the bed because of the sex and even maybe some intoxicant use.
TaTa

Postby Snow Tiger » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:12 pm

Just in the process of rebuilding my alter will post a picture once done.... Now where to get a new table? :buddha1:
Snow Tiger

Postby Snow Tiger » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:19 pm

Snow Tiger wrote:Just in the process of rebuilding my alter will post a picture once done.... Now where to get a new table? :buddha1:

Here It is my new Shrine...
Attachments
2012-12-23 10.54.42.jpg
2012-12-23 10.54.42.jpg (46.11 KiB) Viewed 555 times
Snow Tiger

Postby catmoon » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:22 pm

That's really nice. Where did you find the little wood thingy the Buddha sits on?
Sergeant Schultz knew everything there was to know.
catmoon
Former staff member

Postby relay » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:11 pm

PadmaVonSamba wrote:But then , getting mushy in a shrine room is different than getting shiny on a mushroom.

Priceless :rolling:
"We do not have to be ashamed of what we are. As sentient beings we have wonderful backgrounds. These backgrounds may not be particularly enlightened or peaceful or intelligent. Nevertheless, we have soil good enough to cultivate; we can plant anything in it.”
~Chögyam Trungpa
relay

Postby Johnny Dangerous » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:41 pm

duckfiasco wrote:I'd be surprised if anyone here takes strangers home for a shag in front of their Buddha altars. :popcorn:

Why even have Buddhas around the house if they don't help pick up chicks/dudes?

:)
"Just as a lotus does not grow out of a well-levelled soil but from the mire, in the same way the awakening mind
is not born in the hearts of disciples in whom the moisture of attachment has dried up. It grows instead in the hearts of ordinary sentient beings who possess in full the fetters of bondage." -Se Chilbu Choki Gyaltsen
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Postby Snow Tiger » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:59 pm

catmoon wrote:That's really nice. Where did you find the little wood thingy the Buddha sits on?

lol, The little wood thingy is the biggest of three nests of tables with the legs removed.

With Metta
Snow Tiger

Postby TaTa » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:49 pm

Am i the only one that finds funny that when you post a picture it says "attachments"?
TaTa

Postby relay » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:17 pm

TaTa wrote:Am i the only one that finds funny that when you post a picture it says "attachments"?

:tongue:
"We do not have to be ashamed of what we are. As sentient beings we have wonderful backgrounds. These backgrounds may not be particularly enlightened or peaceful or intelligent. Nevertheless, we have soil good enough to cultivate; we can plant anything in it.”
~Chögyam Trungpa
relay

Previous

Return to Exploring Buddhism