Bodhisattva Manjusri

General discussion, particularly exploring the Dharma in the modern world.
anirudh.p

Bodhisattva Manjusri

Post by anirudh.p »

can anybody please give my a praise to manjusri Bodhisattva mahasattva in Sanskrit ?? cause I am Indian and I am familiar with Sanskrit.......I occationally read the Manjusri nama Samgiti but its too long..... I hope someone helps me... :namaste:
Aemilius

Re: Bodhisattva Manjusri

Post by Aemilius »

Hi !
There is the Arya Manjushri Mula-Kalpa, a buddhist tantra about Manjushri, that is available in sanskrit in the internet. There was a threelingual book about Manjushri Namasangiti in the 1980's, I don't know if it is still in print. The Sanskrit Buddhist Literature of Nepal by Rajendrala Mitra contains Namasangiti, it is in print.
svaha
"All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights.
They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.
Sarvē mānavāḥ svatantrāḥ samutpannāḥ vartantē api ca, gauravadr̥śā adhikāradr̥śā ca samānāḥ ēva vartantē. Ētē sarvē cētanā-tarka-śaktibhyāṁ susampannāḥ santi. Api ca, sarvē’pi bandhutva-bhāvanayā parasparaṁ vyavaharantu."
Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1. (in english and sanskrit)
Bonsai Doug

Post by Bonsai Doug »

I believe this is the Manjusri mantra in Sanskrit:

oṃ a ra pa ca na dhīḥ

A is a door to the insight that all dharmas are unproduced from the very beginning (ādya-anutpannatvād);
RA is a door to the insight that all dharmas are without dirt (rajas);
PA is a door to the insight that all dharmas have been expounded in the ultimate sense (paramārtha);
CA is a door to the insight that the decrease (cyavana) or rebirth of any dharma cannot be apprehended, because all dharmas do not decrease, nor are they reborn;
NA is a door to the insight that the names [i.e. nāma] of all dharmas have vanished; the essential nature behind names cannot be gained or lost.
Attachments
manj.png
manj.png (20.19 KiB) Viewed 2958 times
Now having obtained a precious human body,
I do not have the luxury of remaining on a distracted path.

~ Tibetan Book of the Dead
Aemilius

Post by Aemilius »

You can find Mañjushri Stotra in Digital Sanskrit Buddhist Canon, in Romanized and in Devanagari form,
http://dsbc.uwest.edu/
svaha
They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.
Sarvē mānavāḥ svatantrāḥ samutpannāḥ vartantē api ca, gauravadr̥śā adhikāradr̥śā ca samānāḥ ēva vartantē. Ētē sarvē cētanā-tarka-śaktibhyāṁ susampannāḥ santi. Api ca, sarvē’pi bandhutva-bhāvanayā parasparaṁ vyavaharantu."
anirudh.p

Post by anirudh.p »

can I get the Prayer to manjusri which is in tibetan in sanskrit??
Aemilius

Post by Aemilius »

There are many praises to Mañjushri in tibetan, for example there is Je Tsong Khapa's The Ocean of the Clouds of Praises to Guru Mañjughosha,
I don't know if there are many that have been translated from sanskrit with the original sanskrit remaining.
Did you find the Mañjushri Stotra in the digital sanskrit buddhist canon?
svaha
anirudh.p

Post by anirudh.p »

Yup I did.....I started reading it and even manjusri astaka shata nama stotram

Return to “Dharma in Everyday Life”