Check out this video!

General discussion, particularly exploring the Dharma in the modern world.
brendan

Re: Check out this video!

Post by brendan »

Mr. G wrote:
brendan wrote:
Your quotes mean nothing.
Yes. How foolish of me to define what the Buddha can do by using the words of the Buddha. :lol:
How do they help you or me?

If they understand the causes of suffering then they have then causes to stop suffering,for you and me.
They help you by providing you teachings to end the afflictions that cause suffering. You are the one that actually has to apply those teachings by practicing.
If they (Buddhas) are perfect then they have _all_ of the perfect causes to stop suffering.
No, they don't. Once again, provide a citation from a sutta, sutra, or tantra stating that a Buddha is omnipotent and can make you enlightened. If you are unable to, this thread will be locked as you are just blathering mindlessly with no evidence.

The proof is the citation from you "They help you by providing you teachings to end the afflictions that cause suffering".

So there for they claim that they know all the afflications that cause suffering.

It is you that is mindlessly blathering.

Buddhas clearly claim that they are perfect, why else would you want to be one?

Please stop playing silly "im the one on the throne not you" games.
Mr. G

Re: Check out this video!

Post by Mr. G »

brendan wrote:
The proof is the citation from you "They help you by providing you teachings to end the afflictions that cause suffering".

So there for they claim that they know all the afflications that cause suffering.
Which is why they give teachings on how to end the afflictions that you have to implement by practicing.

Thread locked.
  • How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu

Return to “Dharma in Everyday Life”