Knowledge and Awareness in Buddha

General discussion, particularly exploring the Dharma in the modern world.
Blue Garuda

Re: Knowledge and Awareness in Buddha

Post by Blue Garuda »

One should follow a man of wisdom who rebukes one for one's faults, as one would follow a guide to some buried treasure.
To one who follows such a wise man, it will be an advantage and not a disadvantage.

Dhammapada 76

In criticizing, the teacher is hoping to teach. That's all.

Bankei
Left
plwk

Re: Knowledge and Awareness in Buddha

Post by plwk »

CSEe...I got a cerita for you...I love stories :tongue:
I won't interpret/explain...let your own 'awareness' figure this out for yourself...
http://www.ymba.org/parable/parabfr3.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PARABLE 077: KARMA OF AN ANT
One day, during the time of the Buddha, Mahakasyapa (the highest in wisdom among Arhats) was standing beside Anathapindika (the most famous benefactor of the Order) in the Jeta Grove. They were overseeing the ground breaking for the Jetavana Monastery.

Suddenly, a hint of sadness crossed Mahakasyapa's face. Anathapindika asked him what had happened.

Pointing to a black ant scrambling amidst the rubble, Mahakasyapa recalled that for untold eons past, during the times of six trans-historical Buddhas, that ant had remained an ant.

Even now, under Buddha Sakyamuni, the seventh Buddha, when Mahakasyapa himself had become an Arhat, the poor ant, after eons of rebirth, was still just an ant, condemned to scavenge for scraps of food, condemned to the sufferings of an insect's life -- as devoid as ever of wisdom!

"It is only thanks to my spiritual penetration that I know this," explained Mahakasyapa.

On hearing this, Anathapindika was deeply moved and could not but shed a tear of sadness.
I hope you will find what you are looking for ... and in due time :anjali:

Return to “Dharma in Everyday Life”