Are we on the right track in learning Buddha

Whether you're exploring Buddhism for the first time or you're already on the path, feel free to ask questions of any kind here.

Re: Are we on the right track in learning Buddha

Postby tktru » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:51 am

Hanzze wrote:And what did he teach us?

He used to call everybody sir, and was always polite.
He never used harsh words.
He never made him self bigger than others.
When he quoted, he told always that it is his own believe.
He used to express only his own experiences.
He did not express knowledge as understanding.
He answered every quote as it would be given to him.
He toke the gifts with honor even he did not know how to use them.
He showed us, that our knowledge is useless.
He showed us our impatient.
He showed us our incapacity to teach.
He showed us our quick tendency to aversion.
He showed us how far we are from the insight of Buddha Dharma.

May we are able to take his gifts and learn so that it will be wholesome for everyone of us.

Are we on the right track in learning Buddha?

_/\_

:good:
User avatar
tktru
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:36 am

Re: Are we on the right track in learning Buddha

Postby Hanzze » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:08 am

TMingyur wrote:
Hanzze wrote:"does one know the right view still unenlightened" and "if enlightened, would he measure others in a way of right and wrong" :quoteunquote:


Yes one knows if one has take refuge to the Buddha and then one knows what is right view and what is wrong view.
You tend to transform the subject into "others" when the subject that is measured actually is "view". Why is this personalization?

Kind regards

Who views?
Refuge might clean the lens but not the view.

An other concept of "right" I guess is the wrong track in learning Buddha.

The same would be if we ask our self: "Who at least wanted a brake or needed a break?"
Well even if we try to have it, it comes, again and again. I which phenomena ever, what is not solved, comes again.

Countless

Is it unwholesome to give nobody and nothing a break?
Just that! :-)
User avatar
Hanzze
 
Posts: 256
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:40 pm

Re: Are we on the right track in learning Buddha

Postby ground » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:17 am

Hanzze wrote:Who views?

View views.

Hanzze wrote:Refuge might clean the lens but not the view.

When there is clinging there is no capacity to take refuge.


Kind regards
User avatar
ground
 
Posts: 1782
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:31 am

Re: Are we on the right track in learning Buddha

Postby Hanzze » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:32 am

view views

but regarding refuge: It is sometimes a beginning clinging, a lasting clinging, or a last clinging.

Refuge is just like a break. Is it a matter of of the name "refuge" or "what to seek refuge in"? What is the intension of refuge? Another escape?

No more violence as in refuge camps...
Just that! :-)
User avatar
Hanzze
 
Posts: 256
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:40 pm

Re: Are we on the right track in learning Buddha

Postby ground » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:52 am

Hanzze

as always you continue to perplex yourself with your own words.

Or in other words:

clinging aggregates.

The Buddha however did not remain silent. So you would infer that it was due to ["his"] clinging aggregates?
He taught right view due to ["his"] clinging aggregates?

If there is "following in his footsteps" what other thing is there to do than to refer to his words?

Why do "you" always misconstrue the Buddhas words as ignorance? Would "you" do that if there weren't any clinging aggregates?
Guess a modern term for "clinging aggregates" is "projection".


Kind regards
User avatar
ground
 
Posts: 1782
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:31 am

Re: Are we on the right track in learning Buddha

Postby Hanzze » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:44 am

Who projects and who is viewing?
What you refer as Buddha and what to his words?

To the "footsteps" and the question about refuge, did the Buddha took refuge?

Maybe "reflection" might be a "right" track in learning Buddha. A kind of: "Never give you a brake"
Just that! :-)
User avatar
Hanzze
 
Posts: 256
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:40 pm

Re: Are we on the right track in learning Buddha

Postby Mr. G » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:58 pm

TMingyur wrote:Hanzze

as always you continue to perplex yourself with your own words.



^This
    How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu
User avatar
Mr. G
 
Posts: 4027
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:36 am
Location: Spaceship Earth

Re: Are we on the right track in learning Buddha

Postby Hanzze » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:37 pm

"from Latin perplexus, from per- thoroughly + plexus involved" did you mean that?
I am not sure, if it is good to be involved. That was not what the Buddha try to teach, I guess.
Just that! :-)
User avatar
Hanzze
 
Posts: 256
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:40 pm

Re: Are we on the right track in learning Buddha

Postby Mr. G » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:10 pm

Hanzze wrote:"from Latin perplexus, from per- thoroughly + plexus involved" did you mean that?
I am not sure, if it is good to be involved. That was not what the Buddha try to teach, I guess.


Hanzee,

What is the question or comment you are trying to make?
    How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu
User avatar
Mr. G
 
Posts: 4027
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:36 am
Location: Spaceship Earth

Re: Are we on the right track in learning Buddha

Postby Hanzze » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:36 pm

mr. gordo wrote:
Hanzze wrote:"from Latin perplexus, from per- thoroughly + plexus involved" did you mean that?
I am not sure, if it is good to be involved. That was not what the Buddha try to teach, I guess.


Hanzee,

What is the question or comment you are trying to make?

Mr. Gordo,

that would run out into perplex. And who whats to perplex somebody.
Just that! :-)
User avatar
Hanzze
 
Posts: 256
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:40 pm

Re: Are we on the right track in learning Buddha

Postby Mr. G » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:48 pm

Hanzze wrote:Mr. Gordo,

that would run out into perplex. And who whats to perplex somebody.


I'm afraid I don't understand what you're writing due to your lack of command over the English language.
    How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu
User avatar
Mr. G
 
Posts: 4027
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:36 am
Location: Spaceship Earth

Re: Are we on the right track in learning Buddha

Postby Hanzze » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:17 pm

That is indeed possible, thats why I looked to Latin to make no mistakes. Let's think about it.
Just that! :-)
User avatar
Hanzze
 
Posts: 256
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:40 pm

Re: Are we on the right track in learning Buddha

Postby Mr. G » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:25 pm

Hanzze wrote:That is indeed possible, thats why I looked to Latin to make no mistakes. Let's think about it.


Uh, no Hanzee, it's not your Latin, but your inability to compose an english sentence that is comprehensible. This is not your fault though, as you are obviously not brought up in a English speaking country.
    How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu
User avatar
Mr. G
 
Posts: 4027
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:36 am
Location: Spaceship Earth

Re: Are we on the right track in learning Buddha

Postby Adamantine » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:16 am

mr. gordo wrote:
Hanzze wrote:That is indeed possible, thats why I looked to Latin to make no mistakes. Let's think about it.


Uh, no Hanzee, it's not your Latin, but your inability to compose an english sentence that is comprehensible. This is not your fault though, as you are obviously not brought up in a English speaking country.



If the pic his accurate, Hanzee is a monkey. In which case he's doing a great job of writing in english! :smile:
Contentment is the ultimate wealth;
Detachment is the final happiness. ~Sri Saraha
User avatar
Adamantine
Former staff member
 
Posts: 2934
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:09 am
Location: Space is the Place

Re: Are we on the right track in learning Buddha

Postby purple rose » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:22 am

Adamantine wrote:If the pic his accurate, Hanzee is a monkey. In which case he's doing a great job of writing in english! :smile:



Image


:oops: rt slopes off to slap own wrists - in a dark corner of a room far far away ....
purple rose
 
Posts: 3996
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:59 am

Re: Are we on the right track in learning Buddha

Postby Hanzze » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:34 am

Actually it should reflect a kind of contemplative capacity or sometimes a "hmm, but..." maybe some innocence, naturally it looks more this way

Image

but I used to abstain to show it, as refections are seen sometimes personally and causes strange reactions. Maybe I am on the right way of shame.
:rolling:
Just that! :-)
User avatar
Hanzze
 
Posts: 256
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:40 pm

Re: Are we on the right track in learning Buddha

Postby Adamantine » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:01 am

Hanzze wrote:Actually it should reflect a kind of contemplative capacity or sometimes a "hmm, but..." maybe some innocence, naturally it looks more this way

Image

but I used to abstain to show it, as refections are seen sometimes personally and causes strange reactions. Maybe I am on the right way of shame.
:rolling:


Nice pic! It's like a cute boogeyman
Contentment is the ultimate wealth;
Detachment is the final happiness. ~Sri Saraha
User avatar
Adamantine
Former staff member
 
Posts: 2934
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:09 am
Location: Space is the Place

Re: Are we on the right track in learning Buddha

Postby Hanzze » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:01 pm

A good hint, do you thinks some "boogeyman" are even more on the right track? You know, this guys without shoes and dont clean them self with shampoo and so on.
Those guys, which don't use letters, TV and houses and eat what they find. You may have seen one cute on TV.
What do you think?
Just that! :-)
User avatar
Hanzze
 
Posts: 256
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:40 pm

Re: Are we on the right track in learning Buddha

Postby Adamantine » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:24 pm

Hanzze wrote:A good hint, do you thinks some "boogeyman" are even more on the right track? You know, this guys without shoes and dont clean them self with shampoo and so on.
Those guys, which don't use letters, TV and houses and eat what they find. You may have seen one cute on TV.
What do you think?


I think the real old-school yogis let their hair and nails grow naturally, without grooming-- no time to interrupt their retreats for such nonsense-- plus it becomes a mirror of the 'natural' state, acceptance of all as is. So monkeys are ahead of the game in that regard. But then there's also the metaphor of 'monkey-mind', and i think the mischief and aggression of monkeys may be succumbing to the 'natural' in the opposite sense of Buddha-nature.
Contentment is the ultimate wealth;
Detachment is the final happiness. ~Sri Saraha
User avatar
Adamantine
Former staff member
 
Posts: 2934
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:09 am
Location: Space is the Place

Re: Are we on the right track in learning Buddha

Postby Hanzze » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:21 am

Image

Image

...not even in 100 lives a monkey could make as much unwholesome acts as most of the unaggressive. Maybe it is because he is just not involved.
Just that! :-)
User avatar
Hanzze
 
Posts: 256
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:40 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Exploring Buddhism

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Boris, davyji, deff, Jesse, Johnny Dangerous, rachmiel and 21 guests

>