Are we on the right track in learning Buddha

General discussion, particularly exploring the Dharma in the modern world.
CSEe

Are we on the right track in learning Buddha

Post by CSEe »

In current world Buddhism is practise in many country , by many cultures , by many sociaty with many background my question in are we on the right track ?

I cant post my views at this moment ( worry to be banned again ok ) but please discuss it .

Thks
CSEe
Last edited by CSEe on Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
ground

Re: Are we on the right trach in learning Buddha

Post by ground »

CSEe wrote:...are we on the right track ?
This question is wrong track.

What is right track?
Right track is right view, right resolve, right speech, right action, right livelihood, right effort, right mindfulness, right concentration, right knowledge, right release.

Kind regards
CSEe

Post by CSEe »

TMingyur wrote:
CSEe wrote:...are we on the right track ?
This question is wrong track.

What is right track?
Right track is right view, right resolve, right speech, right action, right livelihood, right effort, right mindfulness, right concentration, right knowledge, right release.

Kind regards
Yes , that my point from start . If you belief we are on wrong track , then lets share your opinion . I belief knowing Buddha is constantly moving process and is impossible to be written down in any scriptures . I might have different views on Buddha after I moved to higher awareness .
In Buddha I belief there is no "right" or "wrong" but all depand on our own awareness .
Each of us have different awareness and our awareness is change constantly .

Thks Sir for sharing .
Rdgs
Ee
ground

Post by ground »

CSEe wrote:If you belief we are on wrong track , then lets share your opinion . I belief knowing Buddha is constantly moving process and is impossible to be written down in any scriptures . I might have different views on Buddha after I moved to higher awareness .
In Buddha I belief there is no "right" or "wrong" but all depand on our own awareness .
Actually I believe that you are on the wrong track.

Kind regards
CSEe

Post by CSEe »

TMingyur wrote:
CSEe wrote:If you belief we are on wrong track , then lets share your opinion . I belief knowing Buddha is constantly moving process and is impossible to be written down in any scriptures . I might have different views on Buddha after I moved to higher awareness .
Actually I believe that you are on the wrong track.

Kind regards
Yes sir , that is very possible . That is why I am here to gain more awareness infact by answering many question indeed I had learn alot and i belief I am different person each day . I belief there are countless way / countless source to learn Buddha but in limited life time .

Since I actively discuss Buddhism on net , I belief I had move to higher awareness much-much faster , if I hear what i wish to hear , see I what wish to see maybe that is my limitation to know Buddha .
By debating / learning from others / understanding other awareness /ego , we could understand more .

Yes sir , you have a good point .

Thks for sharing .
Rdgs
Ee
ground

Post by ground »

CSEe wrote:Since I actively discuss Buddhism on net , ...

By debating / learning from others / understanding other awareness /ego , we could understand more .
What I do not understand is that you are saying that you are incapable to learn through reading and studying, however discussing online is reading and it is "learning" as you yourself say. So what is it that makes a difference ... both is reading and learning ... ?

You are seeking mainly social contact? Is it that you feel better, feel yourself confirmed if others spend their time with & for you?

Kind regards
CSEe

Post by CSEe »

TMingyur wrote:

What I do not understand is that you are saying that you are incapable to learn through reading and studying, however discussing online is reading and it is "learning" as you yourself say. So what is it that makes a difference ... both is reading and learning ... ?

Kind regards
The right words is.....DISCUSSING....

I hope we could discuss Buddha from what we know in simple English , forget abt all the terms/words commonly used in Buddha..., not base on any materials as referral . In simple way to share what from your awareness and my awareness .

Thks
Ee
CSEe

Post by CSEe »

TMingyur wrote:

You are seeking mainly social contact? Is it that you feel better, feel yourself confirmed if others spend their time with & for you?

Kind regards
Dear sir , please dont make any judgement about me . I am sincere to discuss ( learn ) Buddha from others awareness to help me move to higher awareness before I die .
I am preparing to face my coffin with confident ok.....sincerely wish to share / learn from others awareness and not more than that .

Thks
Ee
retrofuturist
Former staff member

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings Ee,
CSEe wrote:I am sincere to discuss ( learn ) Buddha
The most obvious place to learn about the Buddha is from the sutras.

Have you read any sutras?

:reading:

Metta,
Retro. :)
Live in concord, with mutual appreciation, without disputing, blending like milk and water, viewing each other with kindly eyes.
Su DongPo

Re: Are we on the right track in learning Buddha

Post by Su DongPo »

I agree with retro, Ee. You've stated several times in several threads that you do not want to study or read but that's going to be very frustrating for people in this format, and not really very helpful to you, in my opinion.

Not all the reading is hard or confusing. You might try this collection of short verses (sayings).
This work is translated into many languages so you'd be able to find it in your native language, I would expect.

Have a try. You don't have to read the whole thing from beginning to end. You could even just read a few lines a day, and in any order you choose --

The Dhammapada --
http://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka ... .budd.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Best wishes,
Su Dongpo
CSEe

Post by CSEe »

Su DongPo wrote:I agree with retro, Ee. You've stated several times in several threads that you do not want to study or read but that's going to be very frustrating for people in this format, and not really very helpful to you, in my opinion.

Not all the reading is hard or confusing. You might try this collection of short verses (sayings).
This work is translated into many languages so you'd be able to find it in your native language, I would expect.

Have a try. You don't have to read the whole thing from beginning to end. You could even just read a few lines a day, and in any order you choose --

The Dhammapada --
http://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka ... .budd.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Best wishes,
Su Dongpo
Dear sir , thanks for your concern and advise . I of the opinion even I read tons of books or listening to years of monk speach is only to gain knowledge but In Buddha we have to search for awareness not knowledge. A scientis whom is regarded as very knowledgeable maybe likes fishing as hobby . He is very knowledgeable but he does not have the awareness to understand his action of selfishness in gaining self statisfaction caused pain to the fish he caught . In Buddha the are trillions way and trillions source to gain awareness and reading books is one of the trillions so is not my limitation . As I had stated knowledge is maybe 1PPM ( part per millions ) in search Buddha .

Maybe Siddharta dead for thousands of years and we still discussing on terms , are we taking too long time to learn something inside us ?
Maybe our approach is wrong , maybe we should belief Siddharta said " Strive for your own liberation with diligence "
Sorry sir I am now 41 years old and I belief my coffin in the process of making, I do not have the time .

Thks
Ee
catmoon
Former staff member

Post by catmoon »

The right track? Which one is that?

So long as someone has some interest in bodhicitta and the ways of developing it, one is in some sense on the right path. If in study and meditation one finds a little of the peace of the Buddhas, one is on the right path. If one only decides to smile at strangers and wish them well, one is on the right path.

:twothumbsup:

Be well.
Sergeant Schultz knew everything there was to know.
CSEe

Post by CSEe »

catmoon wrote:The right track? Which one is that?

So long as someone has some interest in bodhicitta and the ways of developing it, one is in some sense on the right path. If in study and meditation one finds a little of the peace of the Buddhas, one is on the right path. If one only decides to smile at strangers and wish them well, one is on the right path.

:twothumbsup:

Be well.
Yes Sir , I could easily agrees and learned from you .

Thks for sharing
Ee
plwk

Post by plwk »

In simple English...hope these are of any help...

The Buddha's Teaching is above time, culture, country, language, creed, people, politics, social class, economic status and yet it can adapt to all of these conditions as a bridge for all. Why? Because...
it is not a speculative philosophy, but is the Universal Law found through enlightenment and is well taught,
it is testable by practice and known by direct experience,
it is timeless and immediate results here and now, no need to wait until the future or next existence,
it welcomes all to test and to experience for themselves,
it is capable of being entered upon and worthy to be followed as a part of one's life,
it may be perfectly realized by the wise for themselves

Right track?
On one level...confirmation within oneself
1. Practicable in one's life...covering Body, Speech and Mind
This is stress...origin of stress...end of stress...path leading to the ending of stress:
Right View, Intention, Speech, Action, Livelihood, Effort, Mindfulness & Concentration

2. In one's life, anyone can observe, "All conditioned things are impermanent", "All conditioned things are unsatisfactory", "All things are not-self"
when one sees these with wisdom, one turns away from suffering. This is the path to purification.

3. Again, observable in life: When one knows for oneself that, the qualities adopted and acted out are: skillful; blameless; praised by the wise; it leads to welfare & happiness" — then one should enter & remain in them.

Next level...confirmation within a Community
1. One hears/learns from one Elder or a small/big group of Elders who are learned, practiced and maintained the Teaching well; that the Teaching, Discipline of the Buddha are such and such
2. Do not be quick to agree or disagree with the claims
3. Analyze those claims word by word, compare with the Teaching and Discipline
4. If okay and confirmed with both Teaching and Discipline, then one can be assured that is the Buddha's, understood and taught properly by the those Elder(s), then one can accept it based on all of the above investigations. If not, then one can reject based on all of the above investigations.

Another variant of the above is:
1. Rely on the message of the teacher, not on his personality;
2. Rely on the meaning, not just on the words;
3. Rely on the true meaning, not on the provisional one;
4. Rely on one's wisdom mind, not on one's ordinary, judgmental mind.
CSEe

Post by CSEe »

Sir , thanks for your reply . My perception of Buddha is different . I belief Buddha is the original source of energy . pure /free of any pollutant and empty . All living / non-living in entire universe is a form of energy that evolved / changing shape / transformed /under-go purification process to be pure / free of all poluttant .empty to be Buddha .
Myself - a human have poluttant I call it life . When I reach to one point maybe after millions of reformed / birth-re-birth , i will be free of all desire of good or bad , I will be pure -I will be empty -The buddha .

Siddharta's tips us that good will lead to Buddha , bad will makes us regret and delay our purification process .

That is what I belief on Buddha in my current awareness and I will change my views if I move to higher awareness -surely .

Siddharta is the introducer of this energy to human . He found this energy from his fear / his search and I belief he actually be able to see the " emptiness" .
I choose to limit all his "teaching" / his lifestyle is knowledge but in search of Buddha I had to explore it my ownself . I am confortable at this point of awareness to focus on his fear / his search and what I belief he saw and some of quotation / gossip that I choose to belief is from him as my platform in search of my own awareness .

All the quotation / "teaching" is to me is one way to help in search of Buddha but I cant consider it as referral , I must move on . Knowing Buddha is constant moving process and maybe I cound learn a tiny bit in my current life time so to me is wrong to regards any books / texts /teaching as referral to Buddha .I am of the opinion all books / teaching on Buddha should promote self exploration but never to be serve as a referral , is impossible to "write down" the process of searching Buddha as this process is constant changing / moving .
For example , this is my current awareness on Buddha maybe after reading your reply I could have different views on Buddha so how can I stick to one views ?
Sir , what is your perception of Buddha / Siddharta?
ground

Post by ground »

CSEe wrote:My perception of Buddha is different .
what is your perception ...?
When there is this then that comes to be.

Kind regards
CSEe

Post by CSEe »

Hi piwk , what I meant is are "we" in right track in search of Buddha ?
I was not refering to anyone including myself but in general sociaty .
After siddharta's death ( said to be more then 2500 years ) , with many teaching / monk's practise / texts/scriptures / culture / traditions / belief / charity works is closely associated with Buddhism do you think we ( human of the world ) is on right track ?
You might be on right search but what about the buddhism movement ?
Some consider 2500 years and still discussing on " term" in Buddhism is ok ?

When my father passed away , I was the first person to know , I never cry becouse I belief that his death is part of his purification process but mainly becouse I already expected . But when I saw my mother / my sister cry.....I cry like a baby .
so my point is if only siddharta's finding was successfully passed on untill now maybe the world will be a total different now .Maybe we will not understand " suffer" of not knowing . These " suffering of not knowing , of aging / sickness & death should end after Siddharta introduce this energy to human.

Maybe I am too ego / too selfish seeking my goal here but where else I can seek .
CSEe

What / who is Buddha / Siddharta ?

Post by CSEe »

In Buddhism maybe I am too selfish / ego to think that , the story of a young prince abandon his baby / wife to search for answer of his fear is believed to accur thousand years ago .
By common sense / logic no one / no materials / texts could actually linking to him or his movement . Even his date of death or his last meal also in question .
Is all up to us to choose any material / teaching or gossip about him which we in our own common sense could believe .

Buddhism is NOT a religion infact I choose to belief even siddharta's wish that we use our on common sense not solely belief in him .

So who is Siddharta , lets share from own awareness / common sense ok .

What is Buddha ?
Could it be Siddharta after he found Buddha ?
Or could it be other not related to siddharta?
I have my perception on Buddha / Siddharta but lets us discuss based on our awareness not solely on texts .
Lets share , I want to discuss with some one not texts .
ground

Re: What / who is Buddha / Siddharta ?

Post by ground »

CSEe wrote:Buddhism is NOT a religion
Religion or not. What is it that cares?

Kind regards
plwk

Re: What / who is Buddha / Siddharta ?

Post by plwk »

Ok lets hear from the man himself...so that all here can understand you better and avoid jumping to conclusions...

What is 'Buddha' to you?
What have you known on 'Siddharta'?

Please share with us? :buddha1:

Return to “Dharma in Everyday Life”