A Clear and Present Danger to a Buddhist Free Press

Whether you're exploring Buddhism for the first time or you're already on the path, feel free to ask questions of any kind here.

A Clear and Present Danger to a Buddhist Free Press

Postby Mr. G » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:01 pm

A Clear and Present Danger to a Buddhist Free Press by Bill Schwartz

Three months ago I decided I wanted to write a blog for my publisher, Elephant Journal, on the subject of Kunzang Palyul Choling, a Tibetan Buddhist franchise founded by a controversial Palyul lineage tulku. I’m a 2010 Blogisattva Honorable Mention for Political and Opinion blogging by a Buddhist. As a journalist I thought it would make it an interesting column.

Unfortunately, before I was able to even finish my blog I was notified by Waylon Lewis, publisher of Elephant Journal, that he had received threatening phone calls from Kunzang Palyul Choling. Even a law suit without merit could put his magazine out of business. This was no idle threat. So advised, I was in the process of finishing my blog when Waylon notified me that he had received a cease and desist letter from KPC’s lawyer.

Read More Here...
    How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu
Mr. G

Re: A Clear and Present Danger to a Buddhist Free Press

Postby White Lotus » Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:17 pm

loving kindness!
in any matters of importance. dont rely on me. i may not know what i am talking about. take what i say as mere speculation. i am not ordained. nor do i have a formal training. i do believe though that if i am wrong on any point. there are those on this site who i hope will quickly point out my mistakes.
White Lotus

Return to Exploring Buddhism