Free Book Services

Whether you're exploring Buddhism for the first time or you're already on the path, feel free to ask questions of any kind here.

Free Book Services

Postby ylee111 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:06 am

Similar to Christian free Bible services, it seems the Bukkyo Dendo Kyokai (BDK), which prints Numata Editions sends copies of their Shin Buddhism oriented book, The Teaching of Buddha for only the cost of shipping. See here: https://www.bdkamerica.org/default.aspx?MPID=53

Basically, although it is not ecologically sound, are there other organizations that send mostly free print Buddhism books (particularly East Asian Mahayana) located in the United States?
ylee111

Re: Free Book Services

Postby Will » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:02 pm

One should refrain from biased judgments and doubting in fathoming the Buddha and the Dharma of the Buddhas. Even though a dharma may be extremely difficult to believe, one should nonetheless maintain faith in it. Nagarjuna
Will

Re: Free Book Services

Postby Sonrisa » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:02 am

There is also The Corporate Body of the Buddha Foundation that is based in Taiwan. They ship books all over the world but it takes them a while to do so.

There is also the Amitabha Buddhist Society. There are various of these in the USA and elsewhere in the world. Try to look for one in your country online.
Namo Amitabha
Namo Ksitigarbha Bodhisattva
Namo Avalokitesvara Bodhisattva

May I continue to practice loving-kindness and compassion for sentient beings. May my friends and loved ones be free from suffering. May those who have hurt me also be free from suffering.

Hatred is like throwing cow dung at someone else. You get dirty first before throwing it to someone else.
Sonrisa

Return to Exploring Buddhism