Hello and guidance

Whether you're exploring Buddhism for the first time or you're already on the path, feel free to ask questions of any kind here.

Hello and guidance

Postby acuriousmind » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:59 am

Hello. I am from India. I am here to learn. I am a Hindu but recent years I've started to question a lot (regarding Hinduism) which kind of irritates and also to some extend offends many. I've got answers but they don't satisfy me. I've read about Buddhism but because I wanted to know about it. While reading I found I could relate to Buddhism.At this stage in my life I find myself questioning things, confused about what I am doing with my life but there is something within me that keeps telling me that I am born to so something with my life, something different, but I just don't know what. I do not suffer from illness or depression but I am looking for some guidance to show me the right track and peace of mind. I haven't joined any Buddhist centres as of now. Mainly because I am not even sure if I should, because I find myself that confused. But there is something that keeps telling me that I need to. I am happy to be a part of DharmaWheel and hope to interact with you all.
acuriousmind

Re: Hello and guidance

Postby Sherab Dorje » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:21 am

Welcome to Dharma Wheel "acuriousmind"!

Feel free to look around and ask questions. You may not always be happy with the answers. But, hey, that's samsara... :smile:

Do you mind if I ask what tradition/branch of Hinduism you practice?
:namaste:
"When one is not in accord with the true view
Meditation and conduct become delusion,
One will not attain the real result
One will be like a blind man who has no eyes."
Naropa - Summary of the View from The Eight Doha Treasures
Sherab Dorje
Former staff member

Re: Hello and guidance

Postby Luke » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:49 pm

Welcome aCuriousMind,

I hope you find the answers you're looking for here. It takes courage to think differently than the people around you do.

:buddha1:
Luke

Return to Exploring Buddhism