Rigpa & Guru Yoga

Whether you're exploring Buddhism for the first time or you're already on the path, feel free to ask questions of any kind here.

Rigpa & Guru Yoga

Postby Snovid » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:39 am

I received a transmission of Guru Yoga
BUT
I do not discovered the natural state of mind.

Question:why?

Should I get another transmission ?
As long as I experience Rigpa?
I am from Poland I use google translator I do not know English
Snovid

Re: Rigpa & Guru Yoga

Postby Clarence » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:50 am

Snowid wrote:I received a transmission of Guru Yoga
BUT
I do not discovered the natural state of mind.

Question:why?

Should I get another transmission ?
As long as I experience Rigpa?

The advice I received over the years has been the following:

Keep getting transmission. Don't worry. Practice semdzin and rushens. Relax. That is, I am assuming you got transmission from Chogyal Namkhai Norbu.
Clarence

Postby Snovid » Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:15 am

I am assuming you got transmission from Chogyal Namkhai Norbu.

Yes :)

Relax.

No :D
It's not easy when you have psychosomatic neurosis ;)
Snovid

Postby philji » Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:56 am

Two things come to mind...to receive something you must be ready to receive it also you need to be aware of what it is you are receiving otherwise how do you know if you have received it or not?
philji

Postby Snovid » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:59 pm

The fact that I'm not ready it became clear to me after the transmission.
Now I want to do everything,to be ready.

During the guru yoga did not feel anything unusual
BUT
during the last webcast,CzNN shouted something like 'HAT'!
And then I felt differently.
It was not a pleasant feeling,rather stressful
because it reminded me states what I used to have in early childhood
and that caused me anxiety neurosis.

Strange feeling that it is impossible to describe in words
It is a united sense of loss of identity,derealization,feeling that the world around me is unreal.
The feeling of being thrown out of the space which in I was myself.

Very stressful experience.
Stressful because unknown and indescribable.
In the experiment there was nothing painful from the physical side.
Snovid

Postby Lhug-Pa » Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:19 pm

Hi Snowid,

Edit: (I don't know if any of the following books are published in your language, but maybe this still helps a little)

Actually what you posted in your above post is not something to be talked about in an open forum, because it is related to the specifics of transmission, and is secret (i.e. those who have no interest in participating in or haven't participated in the said transmission shouldn't be reading about it).

Anyhow, if you want to know what exactly was happening during the Direct Introduction, you'll want to study the book on the Twenty One Semdzins and also the book on Lojongs, Rushens, and Semdzins (and also The Precious Vase and the book titled Guru Yoga are essential).

Regarding the anxiety/nervousness you described, Rinpoche gives many practices for coordinating our energy. Long Life practice is the best, and for most would probably take a little while to learn. Yantra Yoga is excellent as well, and it also takes a while to learn and is not so easy to learn by oneself (even though all the necessary study materials are available).

Nevertheless, there is a simple practice for coordinating one's energy that is easy to apply, and it is always done at the beginning of any Tun practice (get the Thun Book that has illustrations of the visualization). This, in combination with being present, and a healthy organic/non-GMO diet (since you're not in the U.S., maybe you don't have to worry about this one very much), regular exercise, perhaps some Ayurvedic/Tibetan medicines, etc. should be sufficient.

The unrestricted Yantra Yoga DVD's also show and explain a simple Pranayama that is detailed in the big unrestricted book on Yantra Yoga.
Lhug-Pa

Postby Snovid » Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:37 pm

Actually what you posted in your above post is not something to be talked about in an open forum, because it is related to the specifics of transmission, and is secret

I did not know that so it looks
What now?
Snovid

Postby Lhug-Pa » Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:57 pm

I'll send you a PM.

And if you're unable to resolve your concerns regarding transmission on your own, you could email Rinpoche.
Last edited by Lhug-Pa on Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lhug-Pa

Postby Lhug-Pa » Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:13 am

The reason I recommended the above books, is because the Dzogchen Teachings state that even if one didn't recognize during the Direct Introduction; one has still received the Transmission regardless, and can do practices related to Transmission on one's own after the Direct Introduction (such as Ngondro, Rushen, Semdzin, and of course Guru Yoga; and/or any practice that requires a specific Lung transmission that is as long as one has received the related Lung transmission for it). Rinpoche often says this as well.

In fact, Rinpoche gives teachings on the Five Capacities, and has said if we are missing any of the Five Capacities that we can work on developing them:

http://www.melong.com/it/teachings/40-d ... f-all.html

Also about receiving Transmission via Direct Introduction, and don't quote me on this, I believe that as long as one at least has the First Capacity (Participation or Interest); then that alone is sufficient for having received the Direct Introduction, even if one didn't recognize during the Direct Introduction.

About the Guru and Direct Introduction, this is interesting to know:

Malcolm wrote:There are four gurus: the guru who gives you introduction is the outer guru; the path practiced is the inner guru; the result realized is the secret guru; rigpa is the ultimate guru;

But without the first, the rest will not happen.

Some books are downloadable (you have to be a Dzogchen Community member and/or have received Transmission for ordering/downloading reserved/restricted books):

http://www.shangshungstore.org/index.ph ... _list&c=19

http://www.shangshungstore.org/index.ph ... w&p=public

If there aren't many or any books available in your language, maybe you can use Google-translate for the downloadable English or Italian books.

P.S., TO THE MODERATORS:

Did anyone get my PM's about this thread???

P.P.S.

I'd say too that this thread belongs in the Dzogchen sub-forum.

Thanks.
Lhug-Pa

Postby flavio81 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:09 pm

Lhug-Pa wrote:Anyhow, if you want to know what exactly was happening during the Direct Introduction, you'll want to study the book on the Twenty One Semdzins and also the book on Lojongs, Rushens, and Semdzins (and also The Precious Vase and the book titled Guru Yoga are essential).

Excellent recommendations, together with the recommendation to do Rushens, so you don't "remain in doubt".
flavio81

Return to Exploring Buddhism