The first noble truth.

Whether you're exploring Buddhism for the first time or you're already on the path, feel free to ask questions of any kind here.

The first noble truth.

Postby shaunc » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:14 am

Today I was reading the internet & a couple of storys caught my eye. One regarded a shopping mall that was going to ban noisy (screaming) children from the food court. As a father of 4 kids I know only too well how easily one of them can play up & invariably it can happen at the worst time. I wonder how smart this decision is as I know that as a father I'd just spend my money at another mall (if it was not too impractical). The next story was far worse, Sri Lankas military have been accused of executing a 12 year old boy in 2009. The boy was the son of the leader of the Tamil tigers who have been the Sri Lankan governments enemy in a 37 year old civil war. Not long after reading these storys, I went out to the yard & picked a few tomatoes for dinner tonight & collected some eggs & changed the water for the dog & the hens & couldn't help but think how lucky I am compared to what else goes on around me. Remember that if you have a flush toilet, that makes you in the top richest 1% of people in the world.
shaunc

Return to Exploring Buddhism