Italy and Teachers?

Whether you're exploring Buddhism for the first time or you're already on the path, feel free to ask questions of any kind here.

Italy and Teachers?

Postby paulbear » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:47 pm

My name is Paul and I'm very very new to Buddhism, I know that so far it's resonating with me so I'll continue. I seem to gravitate towards the teachings of Mahayana. I would like to know if anyone could recommend a Monastery or retreat center in Northern Italy (Emilia Romagna region) where I could meet with teachers and like minded individuals. It's been quite a challenge being an American trying to find a Monastery or Mediation Center do to the fact that my Italian is elementary. I really appreciate any advice :) Peace and blessings Paul
paulbear

Re: Italy and Teachers?

Postby Jikan » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:08 pm

Hi Paul,

I'd start here: www.dzogchen.it even though their main center is only sort of close to you, they likely have contacts in your area.

You could also inquire here: www.tendai.eu as I know Shomon has some things going on in Italy, and if nothing else, can direct you toward some contacts.

:namaste:
Thanks to the help of generous sponsors (most of them from DharmaWheel), I'm doing a Vajra Armor (Dorje Kotrab) self-retreat this summer. May the merit be yours!
Jikan
Site Admin

Postby Astus » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:11 pm

There are some Soto Zen temples in Northern Italy: http://global.sotozen-net.or.jp/eng/tem ... .html#page

Further information on Italian Buddhist centres: http://www.buddhanet.info/wbd/country.php?country_id=66
"There is no such thing as the real mind. Ridding yourself of delusion: that's the real mind."
(Sheng-yen: Getting the Buddha Mind, p 73)

“Don’t rashly seek the true Buddha;
True Buddha can’t be found.
Does marvelous nature and spirit
Need tempering or refinement?
Mind is this mind carefree;
This face, the face at birth."

(Nanyue Mingzan: Enjoying the Way, tr. Jeff Shore; T51n2076, p461b24-26)
Astus
Former staff member

Postby paulbear » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:23 pm

i want to thank you all for taking the time to help me on my quest. Bright blessings and Peace
paulbear

Return to Exploring Buddhism