just a thank you

Whether you're exploring Buddhism for the first time or you're already on the path, feel free to ask questions of any kind here.

just a thank you

Postby Johnny Dangerous » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:46 pm

Just wanted to say thank you to the active members here, in the few days i've used this forum i'm really impressed by the caliber of what get's said, and have already learned alot, and certainly been given alot to think about.

Frankly I expected a bunch of slogan-repeating half-cultists, having never tried out a Buddhist forum before. Instead it seems to be board full of people who genuinely care about the Dharma, sharing and discussing, and maybe most important, pointing people like me in the right direction!

Thank you!
"We're chained to the world and we all gotta pull" -Tom Waits
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Re: just a thank you

Postby lobster » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:17 pm

That's good. :twothumbsup: Diversity is key to progress. Otherwise we are indeed just confirmation of dogma and cultism. :smile:
lobster

Postby Sherab Dorje » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:36 am

What you got against ma dog cult?
ma dog cult.jpg
ma dog cult.jpg (7.39 KiB) Viewed 412 times
"When one is not in accord with the true view
Meditation and conduct become delusion,
One will not attain the real result
One will be like a blind man who has no eyes."
Naropa - Summary of the View from The Eight Doha Treasures
Sherab Dorje
Former staff member

Postby duckfiasco » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:27 pm

The people on here are really quite wonderful. I'm grateful for the advice and input I've gotten, and I consider Dharma Wheel a part of my sangha :)
Namu Amida Butsu
duckfiasco

Postby lobster » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:57 am

:smile:
I am quite fond of dogs and cults. You will sometimes hear members of particular groupings describe themselves as members of the Kagyu cult for example. This is a more technical description of alignment. I have been and practiced with groups that some would ascribe as cultish forms of Buddhism.
It is the same with a group of people or an online group. Some are narrow, some insightful, some dharmically insane (me for example) some cultish and doggedly right. Diversity of expression is something I am very grateful for. We learn from what we disagree with, what seems wrong, inane, dogmatic etc. Ideally only The Boddhissatva mentality gets through to us . . .
lobster

Postby PorkChop » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:40 am

I'm grateful for this place.
So many members have helped me out.
I'm still trying to find my place, but I feel Buddhism has the answers I'm looking for.
I thank each and every one of you that's answered my posts and PMs!
:namaste:
PorkChop

Return to Exploring Buddhism