"The Loud Laugh of the Dakini"

Ogyen

"The Loud Laugh of the Dakini"

Post by Ogyen »

I found this wonderful practice. Does this require empowerment or transmission? Does anyone know?

:heart:
Ogyen
Last edited by Ngawang Drolma on Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Sadhana removed
heart

Re: "The Loud Laugh of the Dakini"

Post by heart »

OgyenChodzom wrote:
Chod.pdf
I found this wonderful practice. Does this require empowerment or transmission? Does anyone know?

Ogyen
As far as I know it requires both empowerment, oral transmission and in particular instructions. However this text belong to the Longchen Nyingthig and that is a transmission many lamas have. It shouldn't be impossible to find a Lama and request it.

Here you can find further information on this practice: http://www.wisdom-books.com/ProductDetail.asp?PID=20632" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Josef

Post by Josef »

OgyenChodzom wrote:
Chod.pdf

Ogyen
Heart is right. This practice and lineage is quite prevalent. You can get the lung for this practice.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
Ngawang Drolma
Founding Member

Post by Ngawang Drolma »

I'm so sorry, OgyenChodzom, but that particular sadhana is under the protection of copywrite and when I attempted to save it to my hard drive I found it was locked to anyone but the owner. I don't think it's meant to be distributed.

But fortunately your question was answered. I read through the text and it certainly appears that it requires direct transmission to actually use it. I'm glad you enjoyed reading it though! I hope you feel satisfied about your inquiry and that you pursue such fruitful avenues.

These copwrited texts make their way to the Internet all the time, but I'm going to remove it now unless we get permission from the owner to distribute it.

Kind wishes,
Laura :)
Dharmaswede

Post by Dharmaswede »

It is said that in Chöd, one empowerment, Opening of the Sky Door, "open the gateway to any and all Chöd practices."

The School of Tibetan Healing Chöd (http://www.tibetanchod.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) offers empowerment and instruction in this practice. (Module 1 gives the empowerment, Module 3 the instruction.) If you serious about this particular practice, and I believe one should take practicing Chöd seriously, the School does offer an absolutely superb training. Really, I can't recommend it highly enough.

By the way, in the Ngondro of Longchen Nyingtik there is another, shorter Chöd practice (Kusali Tsog) – also with Dzogchen features.

Best Regards,

Jens
Ogyen

Post by Ogyen »

Now THIS really interests me!!

EDIT: I just realized that there is only one tibetan sangha to where I'm moving under the guidance of Tromge Ling, and I contacted them last year saying I'd be moving there this year, I wanted to know more about their center. I recognized the name of the woman from the center on the directory of Chagdud Gonpa Foundation Directory of Centers I've been corresponding with... interesting coincidence that it happens to be EXACTLY what I'm looking to study...?

Wow, I was looking for a sign to indicate to me where I need to go, now I feel like I've just seen the shine of a trail...
Ogyen.
Image Made from 100% recycled karma

The Heart Drive - nosce te ipsum

"To love. To be loved. To never forget your own insignificance. To never get used to the unspeakable violence and the vulgar disparity of life around you. To seek joy in the saddest places. To pursue beauty to its lair. To never simplify what is complicated or complicate what is simple. To respect strength, never power. Above all, to watch. To try and understand. To never look away. And never, never, to forget." –Arundhati Roy
heart

Post by heart »

Ngawang Drolma wrote:I'm so sorry, OgyenChodzom, but that particular sadhana is under the protection of copywrite and when I attempted to save it to my hard drive I found it was locked to anyone but the owner. I don't think it's meant to be distributed.

But fortunately your question was answered. I read through the text and it certainly appears that it requires direct transmission to actually use it. I'm glad you enjoyed reading it though! I hope you feel satisfied about your inquiry and that you pursue such fruitful avenues.

These copwrited texts make their way to the Internet all the time, but I'm going to remove it now unless we get permission from the owner to distribute it.

Kind wishes,
That particular text is copyright protected but is distributed for free by the translator together with other translations she made here: http://www.zangthal.co.uk/files.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Josef

Post by Josef »

OgyenChodzom wrote:Now THIS really interests me!!

EDIT: I just realized that there is only one tibetan sangha to where I'm moving under the guidance of Tromge Ling, and I contacted them last year saying I'd be moving there this year, I wanted to know more about their center. I recognized the name of the woman from the center on the directory of Chagdud Gonpa Foundation Directory of Centers I've been corresponding with... interesting coincidence that it happens to be EXACTLY what I'm looking to study...?

Wow, I was looking for a sign to indicate to me where I need to go, now I feel like I've just seen the shine of a trail...
Ogyen.
Chagdud Gonpa sangha's practice the Dudjom Tersar lineage primarily. The Dudjom Tersar Chod is extraordinary.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
swampflower

Post by swampflower »

The nuns of Orgyen Samye Chökhor Ling in Sarnath, India, perform the entire practice of the Bellowing Laugh of the Dakini by Rigdzin Jigme Lingpa.
This is available on CD and is wonderful and very healing.
Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā
Heruka

Post by Heruka »

not all dakinis are such a blessing...

some are very deceptive and very worldly. better one knows what they are doing than to rely on Internet "free" practices.

in other words, awareness, then more awareness and even still more boring old awareness.......
Ngawang Drolma
Founding Member

Post by Ngawang Drolma »

Heruka wrote:even still more boring old awareness.......
:bow:
Ngawang Drolma
Founding Member

Post by Ngawang Drolma »

heart wrote:
Ngawang Drolma wrote:I'm so sorry, OgyenChodzom, but that particular sadhana is under the protection of copywrite and when I attempted to save it to my hard drive I found it was locked to anyone but the owner. I don't think it's meant to be distributed.

Kind wishes,
That particular text is copyright protected but is distributed for free by the translator together with other translations she made here: http://www.zangthal.co.uk/files.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

/magnus
Thanks a lot heart, I wasn't aware :)

Best,
Laura

Return to “Chod”