Chan

Chan

Postby LastLegend » Mon May 09, 2011 5:54 pm

Chan Chan Change Change. You have some spare change. Look at my avatar and you should know. Hah.

So here it goes...when Six Bases contact with 6 Externals, we have 6 consciousnesses. When eyes see, we have attachment and react. When ears hears, we have attachment and react. When nose smells, we have attachment and react. When tongue tastes, we have attachment and react. When body touches, we have attachment and react. When mind thinks when the other five contact with the 5 externals, we have attachment and react.

Congratulations to you if you don't have attachment and react when you contact with the world. This is the state of concentration...I am of low capacity, when I see forms, I NAMO AMITABHA. When I hear people talk, I NAMO AMITABHA. When I smell odor or fragrance, I NAMO AMITABHA. When I eat food, I NAMO AMITABHA. When I have urges to touch or be touched, I NAMO AMITABHA. When my mind wanders, I NAMO AMITABHA. So I am practicing meditation/concentration.

Lets talk about Triple Jewels. Now that you have made a decision to take refuge in Buddha-Dharma-Sangha as in Awakened-Truth-Purity, you are no longer taking the path of karma of body, speech, and mind (3 poisons-greed, anger, and ignorance). So you are now following Truth (teachings of Buddha), and not following your thinking and behavior that are based on the karma of body, speech, and mind because you are no longer taking refuge in this karma. So if you drink, now you will stop drinking because you have decided to walk the path of the Awakened-Truth-Purity. When you see Sangha, you are reminded to be pure (and not attached), and always strive to be pure. If you use foul language a lot, now you will stop. If you have bad habits and other attachments (not limited to thinking, perceptions, etc), you are now making a strong effort to change. So Triple Jewels is there to constantly remind you that you have chosen to walk the path of the Awakened-Truth-Purity. In everything you think and do, you will always remind yourself of Triple Jewels...you have awakened my friend. And when you are truly ready, you can choose to honor precepts and vows. If you are not truly ready, don't do it. So make this choice carefully and wisely as the door of hells always await.

We always have to constantly shield ourselves from attachments to the keep the mind pure, then practicing meditation will lead to results. Meditation as in Chan, Tantra, Pure Land, and other methods as these will lead to concentration if practicing properly by following the correct methods.
NAMO AMITABHA
NAM MO A DI DA PHAT (VIETNAMESE)
NAMO AMITUOFO (CHINESE)

Linjii
―Listen! Those of you who devote yourselves to the Dharma
must not be afraid of losing your bodies and your lives―
LastLegend

Return to Zen