Robert Aitken dies

Nicholas Weeks

Robert Aitken dies

Postby Nicholas Weeks » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:19 am

Every time you recite Amita Buddha’s name, a ray of light shines through empty space. If you recite very sincerely, then this light fills up the universe, so that the energy of all worlds will be auspicious and harmonious.

Master Hsuan Hua

kirtu
Former staff member

Re: Robert Aitken dies

Postby kirtu » Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:14 pm

May Aitken Roshi quickly return to lead all beings to enlightenment. He was a very great teacher and will be sorely missed.

Kirt
Kirt's Tibetan Translation Notes

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche

DharmaKitty

Postby DharmaKitty » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:54 pm

I was saddened to read of Roshi's death - in my early days of Buddhism as a Zen Practitioner, I eagerly read as many of his teachings and books and articles that I could lay my hands on!
He will be missed.
:crying:
The essence of a real practice is to bring our intellectual understanding to the level of our heart - so as to feel it - to live it!

kirtu
Former staff member

Postby kirtu » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:21 am

Kirt's Tibetan Translation Notes

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche

Return to “Zen”