Dharma Wheel

A Buddhist discussion forum on Mahayana and Vajrayana Buddhism
It is currently Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:40 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:15 pm 

Lhug-Pa wrote:
the timeless Wisdom that the Sages have always taught

And they have always taught about the necessity of having a monogamous heterosexual relationship if one fancies getting laid? If they were so limited and narrow-minded indeed, one thing they surely wouldn't be even close to is the capitalized Wisdom. And, instead of being timeless, they sound awfully Victorian.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:31 pm 
Site Admin

"timeless wisdom" is a steady 19th-century (post-Victorian but barely) concept. theosophy, AC Bradley, AE, James Cousins, Aurobindo...

viewtopic.php?f=114&t=13727

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:20 pm 

Well I do agree with H.H. the Dalai Lama that if Science—mainstream or otherwise—can actually prove a tenet within Buddhism to not be true, that the said tenet should be discarded.

Nevertheless, the Buddha Dharma and Tantra & Yoga in general—when applied—have shown themselves to be capable of doing more for this suffering humanity than contemporary science has overall.

Pranayama, Yantra Yoga, Tsa-Lung, etc. have always been recommended as sexual sublimation methods for bachelors and bachelorettes; and I guarantee that science won't disprove Sexual Transmutation, because I've directly experienced many of its major benefits, and have also experienced the opposites of sublimation (i.e. indulgence and suppression) as to be able to contrast them experientially.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:47 am 

I think this thread has run its course and could be concluded here given the derailment.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3