Drama Wheel

No holds barred discussion on the Buddhadharma. Argue about rebirth, karma, commentarial interpretations etc. Be nice to each other.

Drama Wheel

Postby Karma Dondrup Tashi » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:25 pm

I miss the old Therevada vs Vajrayana fights from the old forums. Could we create a third forum "Drama Wheel" where we can all get together and bash each other again? M'kay thanks.

:twothumbsup:
Karma Dondrup Tashi

Re: Drama Wheel

Postby plwk » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:25 pm

I guess only Maraputras have that much time and ideas on their hands... wonder where this old adage came from: 'An idle mind is the Devil's workshop'...
plwk

Postby conebeckham » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:54 pm

Who needs Theravada vs. Vajrayana, when you can have "Dorje Thekpa" Vs. Bon?

:jawdrop:

Just kiddin', I think that thread is (largely) productive.
May any merit generated by on-line discussion
Be dedicated to the Ultimate Benefit of All Sentient Beings.
conebeckham

Postby retrofuturist » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:15 am

Greetings KDT,
Karma Dondrup Tashi wrote:I miss the old Therevada vs Vajrayana fights from the old forums. Could we create a third forum "Drama Wheel" where we can all get together and bash each other again? M'kay thanks.

:twothumbsup:

:rolling:

Hence, why there are 2 DW forums.

In the context of Mahayana (incl. Vajrayana), Mahayanists should be able to speak of "hinayana" in a context that is applicable to their own doctrines... hence Dharma Wheel.

In the context of Theravada, Theravadins should be able to speak of the Dhamma in a context that is applicable to their own doctrines, without being told their teachings are provisional, inferior etc... hence Dhamma Wheel.

And in turn, the removal of any need for Theravada v Vajrayana rumbles. If by any chance you really did want to see such rumbles in action, I would recommend visiting Buddhism Without Boundaries... but be careful what you wish for!

Maitri,
Retro. :)
Live in concord, with mutual appreciation, without disputing, blending like milk and water, viewing each other with kindly eyes

Dhamma Wheel (Theravada forum) * Here Comes Trouble
retrofuturist
Founding Member

Postby Karma Dondrup Tashi » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:04 pm

Sigh - fine okaaaaay.

:thinking:
Karma Dondrup Tashi

Return to Open Dharma