Next Dalai Lama should be Selected From Dalit Indians

No holds barred discussion on the Buddhadharma. Argue about rebirth, karma, commentarial interpretations etc. Be nice to each other.

Next Dalai Lama should be Selected From Dalit Indians

Postby Enochian » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:48 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxJr0UlcNTA

Watch this documentary on Dalits and then imagine if the Gelugpas select the next Dalai Lama from the Dalits
Last edited by Enochian on Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
There is an ever-present freedom from grasping the mind.

Mind being defined as the thing always on the Three Times.
Enochian

Re: Why the Dalai Lama should take rebirth as a Dalit Indian

Postby ronnewmexico » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:56 pm

I don't know.

I'd guess the Buddha teacher did what is the most that can be done in such places to dissolve the caste system.

I'd opt for a lowly monk in a seculded monestary someplace perhaps with a particular teacher of great teaching...so he may attain enlightenment to the fullest fashion one may as human.
I expect he has the potential :smile: at least by a summary or cursory investigation.
That's my opinion.

Suspecting the entire world does change in a fashion when one comes close as one may, perhaps, in human fashion, but that is a personal view.
"This order considers that progress can be achieved more rapidly during a single month of self-transformation through terrifying conditions in rough terrain and in "the abode of harmful forces" than through meditating for a period of three years in towns and monasteries"....Takpo Tashi Namgyal.
ronnewmexico

Re: Next Dalai Lama should be Selected From Dalit Indians

Postby Enochian » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:22 am

You should not watch that video on a full stomach.

I almost hurled when the kid rips of the rat's tail and shoves it in his mouth.
There is an ever-present freedom from grasping the mind.

Mind being defined as the thing always on the Three Times.
Enochian

Re: Next Dalai Lama should be Selected From Dalit Indians

Postby PadmaVonSamba » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:35 am

If you are interested in Buddhism and the Indian caste system, you might want to look up Dr. B. R. Ambedkar.
Profile Picture: "The Foaming Monk"
The Chinese characters are Fo (buddha) and Ming (bright). The image is of a student of Buddhism, who, imagining himself to be a monk, and not understanding the true meaning of the words takes the sound of the words literally. Likewise, People on web forums sometime seem to be foaming at the mouth.
Original painting by P.Volker /used by permission.
PadmaVonSamba

Return to Open Dharma