Tathagatagarbha and Eternity

No holds barred discussion on the Buddhadharma. Argue about rebirth, karma, commentarial interpretations etc. Be nice to each other.

Re: Tathagatagarbha and Eternity

Postby tamdrin » Thu May 12, 2011 11:12 pm

Namdrol wrote:
tamdrin wrote:actually namdrol,
rainbow body is precisely the result of trekchod ('ja lus)
the result of thogal is the body of light (od lus)

I don't know who told you that, but it is wrong. Tregchö results in the dispersal of the body into subtle particles since it is the realization only of dharmakāya.

Rainbow body and body of light are synonymous.

You can check this out in Tulku Thudup's book.

N

I read that in Tulku Thondups' book masters of meditation and miracles about the longchen nyinthig masters.. that is what is written there..
tamdrin

Postby Pero » Thu May 12, 2011 11:13 pm

Namdrol wrote:All your siddhas are belong to us....

:rolling:
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Pero

Postby adinatha » Thu May 12, 2011 11:14 pm

Namdrol wrote:
adinatha wrote:
Namdrol wrote:Sometimes, the biggest obstacle to understanding Dzogchen that people have is Buddhism, so they constantly try to compare Dzogchen with the vehicles of cause and result. This causes them to automatically deviate. Dzogchen is completely beyond cause and result. All notions of paths and stages are completely irrelevant in Dzogchen.

The same is true of essence mahamudra.

Sometimes I really get the feeling that essence mahāmudra is just a Kagyu theory, a sort of an idealized mahāmudra that is basically unobtainable. Held out as a possibility which no one ever realizes.

N

That's funny.
CAW!
adinatha

Postby tamdrin » Thu May 12, 2011 11:16 pm

Pero wrote:

you guys are very cliquish..
tamdrin

Postby adinatha » Thu May 12, 2011 11:16 pm

tamdrin wrote:read what a said adnitaha, it makes sense or not?? .

You are talking view. The path is The Co-Emergent Unification. You are Drikung no? I can't remember. Lord Jigten Sumgon's text of that name is the path...

what you say doesn't have much creds in the dharma world unless you have done at least a 3 year retreat, at a place like almora for example.

That's your problem not mine. If you want to check up on me call on my teacher Drubpon Gonpo Dorje Rinpoche.
CAW!
adinatha

Postby Mr. G » Thu May 12, 2011 11:21 pm

tamdrin wrote:
Pero wrote:

you guys are very cliquish..

Hehe, nah, it's a meme:

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/all-your- ... long-to-us
    How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu
Mr. G

Postby tamdrin » Thu May 12, 2011 11:22 pm

Yeah His Eminence the Mahasattva (perfect Buddha most compassionate lama) Garchen Triptrul Rinpoche is my Root Lama.. but I have also met your favorite His Holiness the DoDrupchen, Chatral Rinpoche, Kunzang Dechen Lingpa (him and the Dodrupchen and Chatral are basically on that same wavelength) Gyalpo Rinpoche, Ontrul Rinpoche, His eminence thritsab rinpoche (another root lama), Traga Rinpoche, Tulku Thubten Nyingpo, Bontrul Nuden Dorje Rinpoche, Drupon Rinchen Dorje, Drupon Thinley Nyingpo, lalalala but I don't represent these people in any way shape or form..
tamdrin

Postby adinatha » Thu May 12, 2011 11:24 pm

BTW emptiness and clarity is dzogchen talk. That's not mahamudra.
CAW!
adinatha

Postby adinatha » Thu May 12, 2011 11:25 pm

tamdrin wrote:Yeah His Eminence the Mahasattva (perfect Buddha most compassionate lama) Garchen Triptrul Rinpoche is my Root Lama.. but I have also met your favorite His Holiness the DoDrupchen, Chatral Rinpoche, Kunzang Dechen Lingpa (him and the Dodrupchen and Chatral are basically on that same wavelength) Gyalpo Rinpoche, Ontrul Rinpoche, His eminence thritsab rinpoche (another root lama), Traga Rinpoche, Tulku Thubten Nyingpo, Bontrul Nuden Dorje Rinpoche, Drupon Rinchen Dorje, Drupon Thinley Nyingpo, lalalala but I don't represent these people in any way shape or form..

Wow. Nice.
CAW!
adinatha

Postby tamdrin » Thu May 12, 2011 11:29 pm

adinatha wrote:

You are talking view. The path is The Co-Emergent Unification. You are Drikung no? I can't remember. Lord Jigten Sumgon's text of that name is the path...

what you say doesn't have much creds in the dharma world unless you have done at least a 3 year retreat, at a place like almora for example.

That's your problem not mine. If you want to check up on me call on my teacher Drubpon Gonpo Dorje Rinpoche.

I've actually never heard of him.. but I doubt he would consider that you are representative of him as a "heart son" as you claim.. Lama's can say things in gest that arent meant to be taken seriously..
tamdrin

Postby tamdrin » Thu May 12, 2011 11:30 pm

Namdrol wrote:

I don't know who told you that, but it is wrong. Tregchö results in the dispersal of the body into subtle particles since it is the realization only of dharmakāya.

N

Its not wrong.. The result of thogal is supposed to be the ja lu phowa chenpo.. but no one really gets that result..
tamdrin

Postby tamdrin » Thu May 12, 2011 11:31 pm

adinatha wrote:BTW emptiness and clarity is dzogchen talk. That's not mahamudra.

not true at all..
dzoghcen is the union of awareness and emptiness..
both are direct perceptions of the ultimate which is the important liberative point.
tamdrin

Postby Pero » Thu May 12, 2011 11:38 pm

tamdrin wrote:you guys are very cliquish..

mr. gordo wrote:Hehe, nah, it's a meme:

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/all-your- ... long-to-us

Right. :D
I suppose I wouldn't know about it either if I hadn't played Starcraft (or was it in Warcraft) where it was a cheat code.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Pero

Postby adinatha » Thu May 12, 2011 11:39 pm

tamdrin wrote:
adinatha wrote:

I've actually never heard of him.. but I doubt he would consider that you are representative of him as a "heart son" as you claim.. Lama's can say things in gest that arent meant to be taken seriously..

You can doubt all you want. Drubpon Rinpoche and I are family. He is not a famous lama. He keeps a low profile. Drubpon Rinchen Dorje and Garchen Rinpoche know him well. You ask them who he is. We are 767 10th Ave in SF, CA. We only have about 10 regular students. Only four who have done retreats with him. It is announced to all new members that I'm his "heart-son." It's no jest. He barely speaks English and I don't speak Tibetan. Yet my role is to translate his transmissions. You will come to know more about him later when he distributes the golden text.
CAW!
adinatha

Postby Malcolm » Fri May 13, 2011 12:54 am

tamdrin wrote:
Namdrol wrote:

N

I read that in Tulku Thondups' book masters of meditation and miracles about the longchen nyinthig masters.. that is what is written there..

You did not read carefully. People call the result of tregchö "rainbow body",but it is not real rainbow body. ChNN, KDL have both discussed this and made it very clear that tregchö does not result in rainbow body.

N
http://www.bhaisajya.net
http://atikosha.org
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

" The one who teaches the benefits of peace,
he is said to be a ṛṣī; the others are the opposite of him."

-- Uttaratantra
Malcolm

Postby Pero » Fri May 13, 2011 1:19 am

Namdrol wrote:You did not read carefully. People call the result of tregchö "rainbow body",but it is not real rainbow body. ChNN, KDL have both discussed this and made it very clear that tregchö does not result in rainbow body.

Actually it also says that in "The Practice Of Dzogchen".
As stated before, there are two main forms of dissolution of the mortal body: the attainment of the dissolution of the atoms or the most subtle particles (total dissolution) of the mortal body, popularly known as the attainment of Rainbow Body ('ja lus), through training in Threkchod (Cutting Through), and the attainment of the Light Body (a'od lus) or the Great Transformation ('pho ba chen po) through training in Thodgal (Direct Approach).
- Shabkar
Pero

Postby tamdrin » Fri May 13, 2011 1:25 am

Namdrol will never quit...
tamdrin

Postby Pero » Fri May 13, 2011 1:36 am

tamdrin wrote:Namdrol will never quit...

I have to say though that I haven't heard or read elsewhere that the result of trekcho is 'ja lus, but that it is something called lus rdul phran, atomic body.
- Shabkar
Pero

Postby Malcolm » Fri May 13, 2011 1:40 am

Pero wrote:
Namdrol wrote:You did not read carefully. People call the result of tregchö "rainbow body",but it is not real rainbow body. ChNN, KDL have both discussed this and made it very clear that tregchö does not result in rainbow body.

Actually it also says that in "The Practice Of Dzogchen".
As stated before, there are two main forms of dissolution of the mortal body: the attainment of the dissolution of the atoms or the most subtle particles (total dissolution) of the mortal body, popularly known as the attainment of Rainbow Body ('ja lus), through training in Threkchod (Cutting Through), and the attainment of the Light Body (a'od lus) or the Great Transformation ('pho ba chen po) through training in Thodgal (Direct Approach).

As I said, "popularly" read further. In any case, I know perfectly well what my teachers have said on this issue. Tregchö does not result in rainbow body. It only results in the dissolution of the elements. Some people call that "rainbow body" but it is a mistake. You don't believe me, take it up with ChNN.
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

-- Uttaratantra
Malcolm

Postby Malcolm » Fri May 13, 2011 1:40 am

tamdrin wrote:Namdrol will never quit...

Not when someone else has a misunderstanding.
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

-- Uttaratantra
Malcolm

PreviousNext

Return to Open Dharma