Is the Lotus Sutra just fction

No holds barred discussion on the Buddhadharma. Argue about rebirth, karma, commentarial interpretations etc. Be nice to each other.

Re: Is the Lotus Sutra just fction

Postby Kyosan » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:42 pm

Rael wrote:....The lotus sutra is so far out there sci fi....and yet i was a slave to it in various Nichiren schools of thought....

i say slave ...for these people actually boiled it done to two and half chapters and the rest of the sutra along with any other religion or philosophy is poison ...literally....all the while using UNESCO as a back drop to propagate in the name of tolerance and freedom of religion....

I think you said that you were a member of the lay organization SGI. They can be militant but I've heard that they have toned down somewhat. I have known people in the Nichiren Shu and they are not as you describe. They seem pretty open minded about other religions and other Buddhist practices.
:namaste:
Kyosan

Postby Mr. G » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:15 pm

The issue I hear from former members of SGI is that they were focusing more on the writings of Ikeda as opposed to the study of the Lotus Sutra.
    How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu
Mr. G

Postby Seishin » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:11 pm

Rael wrote:for real....and thats for the guy with the arrow tale......

i really feel some here are assuming things about me...

I'm sorry if you've taken my post the wrong way. I was saying that I was like you, and then I offered some help in the form of a modern book by a modern scholar that has helped me. That is all :namaste:

Gassho,
Seishin.
Seishin
Global Moderator

Previous

Return to Open Dharma