Dharma Wheel

A Buddhist discussion forum on Mahayana and Vajrayana Buddhism
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:40 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:31 am
Posts: 1782
Rael wrote:
...it was a polite way of stating you don't know ....

I don't know what?

Rael wrote:
you jump to conclusions

What conclusions did appear to you?

Rael wrote:
and slight the Mahayana....

No. Actually I am advocating Mahayana.


Kind regards


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:36 pm
Posts: 477
TMingyur wrote:
Rael wrote:
...it was a polite way of stating you don't know ....

I don't know what?

Rael wrote:
you jump to conclusions

What conclusions did appear to you?

Rael wrote:
and slight the Mahayana....

No. Actually I am advocating Mahayana.


Kind regards


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfBmeOZixM8

_________________
Love Love Love


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:36 pm
Posts: 477
TMingyur wrote:
TMingyur wrote:
Therefore those who seek "faster vehicles" because of "endlessly lasting endless effort" are destined to fail in the first place

Kind regards


Actually such deluded ideas like seeking "faster vehicles" because of "endlessly lasting endless effort" ressemble ideas of skipping the 8fold path and only practicing a "3fold" path because one does not like the remaining 5 items or ideas like putting much effort into overcoming only one of the 12 links of dependent origination instead of abondoning all links altogether.

Kind regards


thats a great song...it's Alchemy , it's kundallinni, i knew what it was about when i first heard it and it inspired me....

anyway...the above stuff you wrote is what made me feel you slight the mahayana...among other things you have written

then your views on sunyata are just not knowing...it's not your fault but you come across as you know better....

TMingyur wrote:

How could something that is mere thought be experienced? It may be experienced as a thought, okay ... but that's it.

Kind regards


i tried to explain it to you at the cost of breaking some forum rule about keeping the uninitiated from knowing what is taught and experienced....and you just did not mention anything

i did read that Vajrayana is not your cup of tea and therefor i think maybe i should cut you some slack....

clearly you don't know and then say stuff like the last quote...

thats a slight to me..

_________________
Love Love Love


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:31 am
Posts: 1782
Rael wrote:
clearly you don't know and then say stuff like the last quote...

thats a slight to me..


If you feel slighted then please accept my apologies.

Actually what I am saying refers to views in the first place. It does not refer to so called "persons".
However it often happens that not-knowing causes identification of self-felt "persons" with self-felt views.

Kind regards


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:36 pm
Posts: 477
TMingyur wrote:
Rael wrote:
clearly you don't know and then say stuff like the last quote...

thats a slight to me..


If you feel slighted then please accept my apologies.

Actually what I am saying refers to views in the first place. It does not refer to so called "persons".
However it often happens that not-knowing causes identification of self-felt "persons" with self-felt views.

Kind regards

LOL!!!!

Are you reaching ...did you want me to think you slighted me so you could do what you just did publicly.... :popcorn:
TMingyur wrote:
Rael wrote:
clearly you don't know and then say stuff like the last quote...

thats a slight to me..






Rael wrote:
i tried to explain it to you at the cost of breaking some forum rule about keeping the uninitiated from knowing what is taught and experienced....and you just did not mention anything

i did read that Vajrayana is not your cup of tea and therefor i think maybe i should cut you some slack....

clearly you don't know and then say stuff like the last quote...

thats a slight to me..


I thought you never understood the word slight and what it implies....

so i wrote the above....

it had nothing to do with you doing something to my person....Nor me feeling slighted....

you have to read and then remember ....i said you slighted mahayana


we could do this via pm ....

_________________
Love Love Love


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:31 am
Posts: 1782
Rael wrote:
it had nothing to do with you doing something to my person....Nor me feeling slighted....

you have to read and then remember ....i said you slighted mahayana


we could do this via pm ....


It obviously has to do with you, Rael. Therefore your insistence.

What do you want me to confirm about your views? Please tell me.

But again: Actually I am advocating the Mahayana. But perhaps your Mahayana is a different one. If so then that's okay for me. Why? Because every practitioner should have his/her own Mahayana.


Kind regards


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:36 pm
Posts: 477
TMingyur wrote:
Rael wrote:
it had nothing to do with you doing something to my person....Nor me feeling slighted....

you have to read and then remember ....i said you slighted mahayana


we could do this via pm ....


It obviously has to do with you, Rael. Therefore your insistence.

What do you want me to confirm about your views? Please tell me.

But again: Actually I am advocating the Mahayana. But perhaps your Mahayana is a different one. If so then that's okay for me. Why? Because every practitioner should have his/her own Mahayana.


Kind regards



you keep upping the ante...

I fold

_________________
Love Love Love


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:31 am
Posts: 1782
Quote:
"There the instructed disciple of the noble ones considers thus: 'Is there anything in the world to which I could cling without being blameworthy?' He discerns: 'There is nothing in the world to which I could cling without being blameworthy.' He discerns: 'In clinging, I would be clinging just to form. In clinging, I would be clinging just to feeling... perception... fabrications. In clinging, I would be clinging just to consciousness. From that clinging of mine as a requisite condition would come becoming. From becoming as a requisite condition, birth. From birth as a requisite condition, then aging, illness, & death, sorrow, lamentation pain, distress, & despair would come into play. Thus would be the origination of this entire mass of suffering & stress.'
http://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka ... .than.html


This is the instruction for emptying samsara.

Kind regards


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:28 pm
Posts: 698
The texts speaking on icchantika and agotrastha are no buddhists. Buddha said: "nothing is permanent [only Nirvana]" and "everything is impermanent".

If Nirvana will NEVER be possible for such beings, thats not a Buddha teaching in my opinion. They are saying that some beings are permanent, forever.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: LastLegend and 12 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group