Dharma Wheel

A Buddhist discussion forum on Mahayana and Vajrayana Buddhism
It is currently Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:33 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:44 pm 

Read this thread carefully...

How do you think you can help that OP in the thread from your Dharma experience and practice?

Opinions? :namaste:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:24 pm 

I'm not sure if this isn't 'Gotamo Buddho' as the message is similar to the guy who pops up periodically in forums with that ID.

He seems to be lapping up the attention but taking no advice and his posts are self-contradictory:

''I am not here to state my views ..but share''

If possible sir .....you do all the reading and lets discuss ..Sir dont think I am here to be spoonfeed....''

He has received appropriate advice. Maybe a Mod could post and ask if there is a volunteer to mentor him as he suggests, who should contact him via PM. Then thank him for posting his request and lock it.

If he is genuine, and does not want anything written in his path, then the best advice to him would be to recommend a teacher in his locality who may consider taking him on.

Mods could also check his IP address in case it is one of the well-known pranksters such as Individual. If not, his age may be a clue to his loose grasp of Buddhism - maybe 12? The poor English is contradicted by his occasional use of idioms which display a far better vocabulary, so I think this is someone writing in a fabricated style, maybe for fun.

Either way, I think it is a wind-up; attention-seeking trolling rather than a genuine quest for progress on the Buddhist path, so should be starved of attention.

If he wants access to a wide range of schools etc. then Freesangha, Buddhism Without Boundaries or New Buddhist would be more suitable forums - although I can't see anyone giving a different answer to him if they are Buddhists.

Maybe 'Should we be of assistance?' should precede asking 'how' as I'm not sure he really wants it if he is genuine, and certainly does not if he's trolling for fun. Compassion may need to materialise as helping him abandon delusions rather than supporting their existence.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:44 pm 

:good:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:40 pm 
Founding Member

Maybe someone could tell him/her how to do basic meditation?

Best,
Laura