Gods protected Buddha

No holds barred discussion on the Buddhadharma. Argue about rebirth, karma, commentarial interpretations etc. Be nice to each other.

Re: Gods protected Buddha

Postby nirmal » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:46 pm

As I was editing, you quoted.
nirmal

Postby Blue Garuda » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:38 pm

nirmal wrote:As I was editing, you quoted.

Oh, sorry. :)

In terms of gods and spirits helping Buddha:

When spirits will not behave well, does your Vajraguru perform ceremonies to control them or make them leave a place which does not want them there?

In Tibet there are stories of masters turning harmful spirits into beings which protect Buddhism.
Left
Blue Garuda

Postby nirmal » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:04 am

Yeshe wrote:
nirmal wrote:As I was editing, you quoted.

Oh, sorry. :)

In terms of gods and spirits helping Buddha:

When spirits will not behave well, does your Vajraguru perform ceremonies to control them or make them leave a place which does not want them there?

In Tibet there are stories of masters turning harmful spirits into beings which protect Buddhism.

Some of the very nasty ones are 'captured' and taken back with him to his hometown to be 'tamed' and taught the Dharma.The ones who go round giving people trouble on a non-stop basis are 'captured' and sent off to another place.

One such naughty spirit was a centipede about six feet long.It could virtually fly by flapping its legs. It used to come in my dreams to attack me. It would lift its body up and try to bite me.In the beginning I was attempting to avoid being bitten and on the third attempt, my heart automatically started chanting my protector's mantra. It vanished never to appear in my dreams again. If we do enough chanting, we are capable of responding positively to protect ourselves even in our dreams.
A year later, it returned but could not fool around with me. So it attacked my wife by clinging to her right side of he body.It would send out 'electrical waves' when my wife tossed around while sleeping.She could only sleep on one side of her body.She told me about her discomfort and pain, but I did not pay much attention to it and being a nut, I didn't bother to check it out.
Four days later the Vajraguru came and she sought his advice though being a very strong Christian.The spiritual centipede flew up and started crawling on the ceiling.It refused to come down when instructed.He threw his energy(chi) at it by flicking his finger and it dropped to the ground.He pinned it down by using three fingers and it changed its form into a man.Then he told me that this spiritual centipede was powerful and would continue giving unnecessary trouble to people.It had to be sent far away and taught a lesson that there were others who were more powerful and capable of handling it with ease. It would be given time to reflect on its actions.
He told me to get a tin with a lid.He blessed it and put it into the tin and tied the tin with a red ribbon.He told me to throw the tin into a river so that it could be carried far away.
There are many ceremonies in his hometown but when he is on the move, he instantly deals with any form of spirits. I am at a slight setback because I am the only one who does not understand Chinese. He speaks enough English to communicate with me.I live in a big Chinese community and we sometimes have to do prayers according to local needs and requests.Hindus too invite him to bless their altars.
nirmal

Previous

Return to Open Dharma