Maintaining the body

No holds barred discussion on the Buddhadharma. Argue about rebirth, karma, commentarial interpretations etc. Be nice to each other.

Maintaining the body

Postby spiritnoname » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:25 am

I would like to know of any references in general Buddhist texts that cover maintaining the body's appearance, health, exercise and cleanliness for lay people.

See I know someone who puts too little effort into maintaining their body but if I could point this out to them then I think they would maintain their body because it is part of the training.
spiritnoname

Re: Maintaining the body

Postby tomamundsen » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:10 pm

spiritnoname wrote:I would like to know of any references in general Buddhist texts that cover maintaining the body's appearance, health, exercise and cleanliness for lay people.

See I know someone who puts too little effort into maintaining their body but if I could point this out to them then I think they would maintain their body because it is part of the training.

I don't know any answers to this, but I would also be interested. I would imagine the Tantric paths would put more emphasis on this kind of thing... but I could be wrong.
tomamundsen

Return to Open Dharma