Liberation through Hearing..emptiness

No holds barred discussion on the Buddhadharma. Argue about rebirth, karma, commentarial interpretations etc. Be nice to each other.

Liberation through Hearing..emptiness

Postby ronnewmexico » Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:42 am

I have posted this here as opposed to some other site not to enforce this way of Buddhism as being right as opposed to others but to state this is stated in this particular form of Buddhism. I would suggest others of this school or similiar school may care to respond to the affirmative or negative but it is not intended to others as a better way of looking, to incite that debate. As all schools are equal to their followers. As it may venture into debate I did not want to put it into a school specific area...that may lead those who visit such a site away from their school which may consequently provide harm. Here..it is expected to be debate. It may be a mote point if no responses are elicitied but if so it could lead to debate.

"Oh child of Buddha Nature, listen, pure inner radiance reality itself is now arising before you. Recognize it oh child of Buddha nature. This radiant essence that is now your conscious awareness is a brilliant emptiness. It is beyond substance, beyond characteristics and beyond colour. Completely empty of inherant existance in any respect whatsoever. This is the female Buddha Samantabhadri, the essential nature of reality. The essence of your own conscious awareness is emptiness. Yet, this is not a vacuous or nihilistic emptiness, this your very own conscious awareness is unimpededly radiant, brilliant, and vibrant. This conscious awareness is the male Buddha Samantabhadra. The utterly indivisible presence of these two: the essence of your own awareness which is empty without inherant existance with respect to any substance whatsoever and your own conscious awareness which is vibrant and radiantly present is the Buddha body of reality....... hand typed (with my errors) from The Tibetan Book of the Dead, Viking edition, translated by Gyurme Dorje pg231 Introduction to inner radiance at the intermediate state at the time of death...basically this is said to a person who has just passed given from Padmesambhava in torma form, some many centuries ago.

So two conclusions, after a week in wilderness with focus one day or two on this....

awareness is absolutely empty. No aspect of our awareness can be considered even slightly ours, as it is all empty of inherant existance. Yet not a vacuous or a nihilistic emptiness, which implies to me....the plane of emptiness regardless of how seemingly empty, separate or apart is relationship empty only.

One additional conclusion which may require additional elaboration..it seems all reality is awareness as well.
Comments?
"This order considers that progress can be achieved more rapidly during a single month of self-transformation through terrifying conditions in rough terrain and in "the abode of harmful forces" than through meditating for a period of three years in towns and monasteries"....Takpo Tashi Namgyal.
ronnewmexico

Return to Open Dharma