Can you be care free?

No holds barred discussion on the Buddhadharma. Argue about rebirth, karma, commentarial interpretations etc. Be nice to each other.

Re: Can you be care free?

Postby muni » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:05 am

"If we align it with thinking, it will be driven by thinking. If we align it with clarity, it will be at peace".

:namaste:

It is not about wrong, it is about the care of holding on/striving to find a right description, which then turn in suffering and not care free. Clarity has no any holding on I guess. While then, I suppose when care free is, there is not so easy a description. The teaching of the Paramitas are then showing how without focus on subject-action-object leads mind to carefree.
Mind can bind or mind can free itself.
muni

Postby oushi » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:17 am

muni wrote:It is not about wrong, it is about the care of holding on/striving to find a right description, which then turn in suffering and not care free.

True. Desire to know peace, instead of being at peace, creates suffering.
muni wrote:Clarity has no any holding on I guess.

It is ungraspable. Chasing it is like trying to grasp space.
muni wrote:While then, I suppose when care free is, there is not so easy a description.

I think that description of "carefree" is impossible.
The teaching of the Paramitas are then showing how without focus on subject-action-object leads mind to carefree.

Paramitas removes carrying for things.
Mind can bind or mind can free itself.

I can picture it as drowning. If you struggle, you go down. If you let go, you effortlessly return to the surface. To stop the struggle, you need to accept your death. Yesterday, when I was contemplating the nature of care, releasing deeper and deeper levels of it, it came to me that it feels like dying. We do not know death, but we hold a concept of it. We counteract to it with the desire for become. Becoming is care seen from a different perspective, thus dropping care is dropping becoming. Dropping becoming is dropping desire to live, and it is not easily done. If I simulate the idea of dying, suddenly all cares manifest trying to stop it. It's all reactions, from 0, +1 and -1 arise. +2 and -2, +3 and -3... Staying at 0 would give peace, but this is not the way. This would be clinging to 0. Absolute, carefree detachment, but conditioned. Only seeing the emptiness of +1 and -1, and not moving our attitude toward them, is true peace. Attitude stays with the true nature in 0.
I know few methods that enable me to go in that direction, but the further I go, the weaker they become. Applying carefree attitude is inexhaustible, because care is the core indicator of desire. As long as I can find care, I suffer.
oushi

Postby muni » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:50 am

Conceptual or nonconceptual contemplation.

Thanks for sharing. :namaste:
muni

Postby oushi » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:21 am

Some sign worth mentioning. While practicing being carefree, speech changes. It becomes more... carefree :tongue: , to such a degree that it's recognizable. You see yourself overflown with words that you did not intend to use. Event full sentences come out of nowhere, without premeditation. This may be a sign, that intention stays with freedom from care, not with thoughts.
oushi

Postby disjointed » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:08 am

yes, you can.
Weird question.
Will you be though? Prob not until you deal with the appearance of "true existence".
If there is a radical inconsistency between your statements and the position you claim to hold,
you are a sock puppet.
Make as many accounts as you want; people can identify your deception with this test.
disjointed

Previous

Return to Open Dharma