YOU CANNOT POST. OUR WEB HOSTING COMPANY DECIDED TO MOVE THE SERVER TO ANOTHER LOCATION. IN THE MEANTIME, YOU CAN VIEW THIS VERSION WHICH DOES NOT ALLOW POSTING AND WILL NOT SAVE ANYTHING YOU DO ONCE THE OTHER SERVER GOES ONLINE.

full of words. - Dhamma Wheel

full of words.

Exploring Theravāda's connections to other paths. What can we learn from other traditions, religions and philosophies?
dharmapasschakra

full of words.

Postby dharmapasschakra » Fri May 11, 2012 2:31 pm

some threads of daunting length.

i didn't know the argument or discussion of whatever could've been that long.

full of words.

and i can see the suffering of words.

at the moment when i am writing this, the semantic values of the word Buddhism, Buddha, Enlightenment and Arahat are changing. more precisely, slipping off from the values you had 2 minutes ago to something slightly different.

you may not notice this cause it's extremely subtle. but it is.

the semantic value of the word Arahat 2 minutes ago is different from that of now. let alone 2 days ago or 2000 years ago.

this is the reason why if you write something too long people argue each other about whether who is right or wrong.

during those days, the word Caesar was like a demi-God to the commoners.

now the word Caesar is like the roman guy mentioned frequently here and there in historical texts to the commoners of now.

if the two commoners meet today or those days, doesn't matter any point of the time, they will argue each other that i am right and you're wrong.

ah, well, try comparing your semantic values of the word Kim-Jong-il with commoners of north korea.

you will see the new world.

i'm just saying too much words are too much suffering.

less words are less suffering.

no words are no suffering.

words are the extremely limited method of communication.

actually even if he or she experienced any kind of Enlightenment whatsoever there is no other way to prove them than being themselves.

through words? big no. a video footage of the moment might help a bit more than words. but still big no.

Return to “Connections to Other Paths”