Today I cut my first blooms 'Caribbean Rose' for my Buddhas-shrine..they are so beautiful..my birthday gift 2 years ago, it grows fast, big bush with many blooms now.
Saddhamma: True Dhamma
[Presented by Dr.Tep Sastri @ SD/JTN]
What are the seven true dhammas, when a disciple of the noble ones is endowed with, he/she can obtain at will --without difficulty, without trouble-- the four jhaanas that provide a pleasant abiding in the here-&-now? They are the following:
1. He/she has conviction, is convinced of the Tathagata's Awakening. He/she abandons what is unskillful, develops what is skillful, abandons what is blameworthy, develops what is blameless, and looks after him/herself with purity.
2. He/she feels shame at [the thought of engaging in] bodily misconduct, verbal misconduct, mental misconduct. He/she feels shame at falling into evil, unskillful actions. He/she abandons ...
3. He/she feels concern for [the suffering that results from] bodily misconduct, verbal misconduct, mental misconduct. He/she feels concern at falling into evil, unskillful actions. He/she abandons ...
4. Whatever teachings are admirable in the beginning, admirable in the middle, admirable in the end, that --in their meaning & expression-- he/she has listened to often, retained, discussed, accumulated, examined with his/her mind, and well-penetrated in terms of views. He/she abandons ...
5. He/she keeps his/her persistence aroused for abandoning unskillful mental qualities and taking on skillful mental qualities, is steadfast, solid in his/her effort, not shirking his/her duties with regard to skillful mental qualities. He/she abandons ...
6. He/she is mindful, highly meticulous, remembering & able to call to mind even things that were done & said long ago. He/she abandons ...
7. He/she is discerning, endowed with discernment leading to the arising of the goal --noble, penetrating, leading to the right ending of stress. He/she abandons what is unskillful, develops what is skillful, abandons what is blameworthy, develops what is blameless, and looks after him/herself with purity.
Tep: It is my understanding that with the seven true dhammas (saddhamma) that are well developed a noble disciple can then obtain the four jhaanas at will.
Love Buddha's dhamma,