Confused Buddhism

No holds barred discussion on the Buddhadharma. Argue about rebirth, karma, commentarial interpretations etc. Be nice to each other.

Confused Buddhism

Postby ram peswani » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:54 am

CONFUSED BUDDHISM

Guatam buddha taught HInayana/ Therwada/ Vajradhara to prepare humanity for
Mahayana Buddhism

Hinayana/ Therwada/ Vajradhara was taught to get one free from attachments,
lust, fear, hatred, love, sex etc. The target was to reach Arhatship.

In many Mahayana sutras extensive existence free from Dukha, sickness, misery
, old age and death is described. It is the path that bhoddhisattvas follow.

But the existing buddhists and their teachers want to become Buddhas,
Bhoddisattvas and yet retain sex, men and women.

If even a hint is placed that women are No No in higher wonderful existence of
Bhoddisattvas, their is a huge uproar.

Hinduism gives a science in which beautiful, lustful, men and women relationship
is explored. Their are heavens full of beautiful men and women and wonderful
methods of co-relationship. But the misery. old age and death are also there.

If one is only following science of Hinayana/ Therwada/Vajradhara without fixing a
target at Mahyana. It will be better for him to forget Buddhism and learn Hinduism.
All the Maha Gods of Hinduism like Vishnu, Nrayana,Krishna, Indra, Shiva etc.
have a woman Goddess by their side. Wordly luxuries are a part of their life. And
they can lord over their creation.

A Bhoddisattva with a consort can exist but :Buddhahood is barred for him.And
without Buddha, a bhoddisattva has to remain a secondary person as he cannot
lord over his creation.Buddha laws strictly apply for every one.

One should clear ones confusion. Fix up a target. Go for it scientifically and then
one can achieve.

I find both Hinduism and Buddhism worth understanding for western, women/men
oriented society.
ram peswani
 
Posts: 245
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:53 am

Re: Confused Buddhism

Postby lobster » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:03 am

One should clear ones confusion


Are you confused why only you have such clarity?
User avatar
lobster
 
Posts: 910
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:06 pm

Re: Confused Buddhism

Postby Red Faced Buddha » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:11 am

ram peswani wrote:CONFUSED BUDDHISM

Guatam buddha taught HInayana/ Therwada/ Vajradhara to prepare humanity for
Mahayana Buddhism

Hinayana/ Therwada/ Vajradhara was taught to get one free from attachments,
lust, fear, hatred, love, sex etc. The target was to reach Arhatship.

In many Mahayana sutras extensive existence free from Dukha, sickness, misery
, old age and death is described. It is the path that bhoddhisattvas follow.

But the existing buddhists and their teachers want to become Buddhas,
Bhoddisattvas and yet retain sex, men and women.

If even a hint is placed that women are No No in higher wonderful existence of
Bhoddisattvas, their is a huge uproar.

Hinduism gives a science in which beautiful, lustful, men and women relationship
is explored. Their are heavens full of beautiful men and women and wonderful
methods of co-relationship. But the misery. old age and death are also there.

If one is only following science of Hinayana/ Therwada/Vajradhara without fixing a
target at Mahyana. It will be better for him to forget Buddhism and learn Hinduism.
All the Maha Gods of Hinduism like Vishnu, Nrayana,Krishna, Indra, Shiva etc.
have a woman Goddess by their side. Wordly luxuries are a part of their life. And
they can lord over their creation.

A Bhoddisattva with a consort can exist but :Buddhahood is barred for him.And
without Buddha, a bhoddisattva has to remain a secondary person as he cannot
lord over his creation.Buddha laws strictly apply for every one.

One should clear ones confusion. Fix up a target. Go for it scientifically and then
one can achieve.

I find both Hinduism and Buddhism worth understanding for western, women/men
oriented society.


Are you saying Buddhism is inferior to Hinduism?
A person once asked me why I would want to stop rebirth. "It sounds pretty cool. Being able to come back. Who wouldn't want to be reborn."
I replied. "Wanting to be reborn is like wanting to stay in a jail cell, when you have the chance to go free and experience the whole wide world. Does a convict, on being freed from his shabby, constricting, little cell, suddenly say "I really want to go back to jail and be put in a cell. It sounds pretty cool. Being able to come back. Who wouldn't want that?"
Red Faced Buddha
 
Posts: 185
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:16 am
Location: The Middle of Nowhere

Re: Confused Buddhism

Postby Rakshasa » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:26 am

Ram Peswani,

"Hinduism" is no monolithic religion and the term arose due to the usage by both Muslims and British Colonialists - not by the "Hindus" (Indians) by themselves. This term equally covers pure Vegetarian Vaishnavite ritualist as it covers an cannibal Aghori.

Now if you are asking people to learn "Hinduism", I guess you are directing them to the following sects:

1. Vedicism: This is empty ritualism similar to Zoroastrism and is even abandoned by the Hindus themselves, except its chanting during rituals for marriage, death etc. Its main component was animal sacrifice to the gods. Are you directing the westerners to it? Also, during the revival of modern Hinduism, both Shankara and Kumaril Bhatta, defeated the Poorva Mimamsa sect (Vedic ritualism) so it no longer exists.

2. Vedanta and Advaita: Again, owing to the contradictory principles set in the early Upanishads, scholars agree that they were more like records of the practices and believes of the Non-Vedic people. Advaita was a direct rip off from Buddhism, especially Nagarjuna's work. Both Gaudapada and Sankara are known to have studied in Buddhist monasteries with the difference being that the latter denied it and the former acknowledged it. Moreover, the modern dress and monastic institution of the Advaitins were modeled on Buddhist equivalent. In other words, the Brahmins before that did not have shaved head and oranged robe dress necessarily. They probably had long hair and beards as depicted in the early literature about appearance of their Rsis.

3. Tantra: Again, a rip off from Buddhist Tantra while giving it an appearance so as to conform their version with Advaita or Shaivism and caste system (five Buddha Kula was substituted by five castes). I will post link later if you want.

4. Bhagwad Gita: Read the works of Kashi Nath Upadhyaya. Even the most Hindu scholars will not deny its influence from Buddhism. Basically, lots of things are similar, and some parables, like that of the prodigal's son, are word to word same in BG and Lotus Sutra. Only the speaker is different. Again, BG only purports to covertly promote Varna-ashrama dharma as Krishna himself states and which is the central Brahmanic doctrine promoted in even epics like Mahabharata and Ramayana.

So I wonder what exactly are you directing the westerners to study when one is rip off from the other by almost 70% (read Majumdar)? :D


I mentioned Aghori so I should clarify that they could be "Buddhist" because what distinguishes them from Shaivite Naga Sadhus, similar in appearance, is that they do not believe in creator and are working to achieve "Buddhattva" (Buddhahood). I wonder why they took the garb of Shaivism but the reasons could be similar to the reasons because of which the rare extant Buddhist monks in Bodhgaya had put statues of Shiva in front of Buddha so that the Hindus do not bother them.


I think you need to really study Buddhism either academically or in a monastery before making such claims.
User avatar
Rakshasa
 
Posts: 145
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:29 am

Re: Confused Buddhism

Postby ram peswani » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:18 am

lobster wrote:
One should clear ones confusion


[*]Are you confused why only you have such clarity?


You may be right. So what is your further advice?
ram peswani
 
Posts: 245
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:53 am

Re: Confused Buddhism

Postby lobster » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:32 am

ram peswani wrote:
lobster wrote:
One should clear ones confusion


[*]Are you confused why only you have such clarity?


You may be right. So what is your further advice?


Right and wrong are not the only options.
What makes you think you would have the clarity, capacity or aptitude to take it?
User avatar
lobster
 
Posts: 910
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:06 pm

Re: Confused Buddhism

Postby ram peswani » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:40 am

[*]
Red Faced Buddha wrote:Are you saying Buddhism is inferior to Hinduism?


Buddhism is better if you earn the fruits of freedom from old age, sickness, death and misery.
Buddism is better if you want to be creative and initiate a better living universe.

But for achieving this aim you have to do three major things.
1. Follow Hinayana/ Therwada/ vajardhara . This path is path of denial. You have to deny
sex, worldly luxuries,desires etc. till Arhat (NO SELF) stage is reached.
2. The return of sex, luxeries starts coming after this on the path of Bhoddisattva
But death, old age, sufferings, sickness and misery will accompany you on the path of
Bhoddisattva .
3. Only when one denies sex on the Bhoddisattva path , one gets free from death. old age,
sufferings, misery etc. And later still on this path without sex one can create universes
for the benefit of other sentients and rule over the universe, earn Buddhahood and Nirvan.
These are very high benefits and Hinduism does not provide this science.


If one thinks that there is no fun without sex and wordly luxuries. And for the sake of these
benefits, one accepts death and old age without sufferings and misery , one should go into details
of how a man/ woman creation starts. Buddhism has avoided this science. Hinduism has understood
this science and hence the creation of Love Gods like Indra and Krishna can happen.
ram peswani
 
Posts: 245
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:53 am

Re: Confused Buddhism

Postby Sherab Dorje » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:41 am

Ram, the only confusion around here is yours. Instead of making statements it would help you to ask questions, if your ego will allow you to.
:namaste:
"When one is not in accord with the true view
Meditation and conduct become delusion,
One will not attain the real result
One will be like a blind man who has no eyes."
Naropa - Summary of the View from The Eight Doha Treasures
User avatar
Sherab Dorje
Former staff member
 
Posts: 7902
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 9:27 pm
Location: Greece


Return to Open Dharma

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], palchi, psbot [Picsearch], Thrasymachus and 24 guests

>