YOU CANNOT POST. OUR WEB HOSTING COMPANY DECIDED TO MOVE THE SERVER TO ANOTHER LOCATION. IN THE MEANTIME, YOU CAN VIEW THIS VERSION WHICH DOES NOT ALLOW POSTING AND WILL NOT SAVE ANYTHING YOU DO ONCE THE OTHER SERVER GOES ONLINE.

Dhamma Bot - Dhamma Wheel

Dhamma Bot

A discussion on all aspects of Theravāda Buddhism
Moth

Dhamma Bot

Postby Moth » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:32 pm

I am interested in writing an A.I. chat bot which essentially creates the experience of asking questions to the Buddha or his disciples by responding with quotes from the Tipitika. For example if you asked,

User: "what is the cause of suffering?"

Bot: "It is craving, which brings renewal of being, is accompanied by delight and lust, and delights in this and that; that is, craving for sensual pleasures, craving for being and craving for non-being. This is called the origin of suffering."

User: "what is the escape from suffering?

Bot: "it is the remainderless fading away and ceasing, the giving up, relinquishing, letting go and rejecting of that same craving. This is called the cessation of suffering."

etc

I am posting this here to see if anyone would be interested in joining in on the project. It would probably be done in either javascript or php and use regular expressions. If you are interested contact me here or at [email protected]. Thanks :)

Metta
May you be happy. May you be a peace. May you be free from suffering.
http://www.everythingspirals.com

mikenz66

Re: Dhamma Bot

Postby mikenz66 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:45 pm

Moth

Postby Moth » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:15 pm

hahaha, yes unfortunately Eliza doesn't seem to possess much wisdom. Then again, perhaps your life does have something to do with your wanting to understand the Dhamma.
May you be happy. May you be a peace. May you be free from suffering.
http://www.everythingspirals.com

David2

Postby David2 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:20 pm

mikenz66

Postby mikenz66 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:00 pm

Return to “General Theravāda discussion”