Tendai in India

Tendai in India

Postby jikai » Sun May 25, 2014 3:57 am

Hi good men and good women,

Just thought I'd link this for those interested in seeing how Tendai has been applied in India, and the developments going on there.

http://pannyamettasangha.com/index.html

Reverend Hoten Manake is doing some really fantastic work over there. Thought it should be made known :buddha1:

Gassho,

Jikai.
"There are no seperate dharma's in the Three Realms. There is only the operation of the one mind."
"Whoever wishes to benefit beings ought to establish teachings that fit their capacities, expound the dharma in accordance with their capacities, and match the doctrines to them"
jikai

Re: Tendai in India

Postby jikai » Sun May 25, 2014 4:01 am

some great images on the Japanese version of the site as well.

Gassho,

Jikai.
"There are no seperate dharma's in the Three Realms. There is only the operation of the one mind."
"Whoever wishes to benefit beings ought to establish teachings that fit their capacities, expound the dharma in accordance with their capacities, and match the doctrines to them"
jikai

Postby Seishin » Sun May 25, 2014 10:48 am

It looks to me like it's taken on a distinct Indian 'flavour' which I really like. :twothumbsup:

Hope you are well,
Gassho,
Seishin
Seishin
Former staff member

Postby jikai » Mon May 26, 2014 8:49 am

Seishin wrote:It looks to me like it's taken on a distinct Indian 'flavour' which I really like. :twothumbsup:

Hope you are well,
Gassho,
Seishin

Yes! I absolutely agree. I thought the statue of Ambedhkar on the shrine was a nice contextual touch. :)

I am very well Seishin san, I hope you are likewise in good spirits.
Gassho,

Jikai .
jikai

Return to Tendai