Nonlocal Consciousness: An Explanatory Model for the NDE

A place to post videos, pictures, and any other sort of Buddhist or non-Buddhist media.
Dechen Norbu

Nonlocal Consciousness: An Explanatory Model for the NDE

Post by Dechen Norbu »

Interesting video:
http://www.btci.org/bioethics/2012/videos2012/vid1.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jesse

Re: Nonlocal Consciousness: An Explanatory Model for the NDE

Post by Jesse »

thanks, this is a good video.
Thus shall ye think of all this fleeting world:
A star at dawn, a bubble in a stream;
A flash of lightning in a summer cloud,
A flickering lamp, a phantom, and a dream.
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

Thanks!
Dechen Norbu

Post by Dechen Norbu »

:thumbsup:
muni

Post by muni »

Thanks for posting Dechen.

Ones life changes a lot, one is not afraid from death anymore and possible can see life very clearly as a must to realize its nature. There is a big sadness because beings are harming each other constantely due to belief in selfnesses. But there is a knowing behind, which is appaering like home and a desire to know how the conceptual world arises. One wants only one thing and that is a teacher to guide out of that crazy painful conceptual world and the profound wish to be able to help all out of that.

It is difficult to understand how it is possible one just lives for oneself, all teachings from the Buddha, the 6 realms are not some instructions in a book, the pain of beings is seen.

I think there is maybe by some who had NDE experience a kind of dissapointment due to not possible to explain and no chance to get understanding. But in case of a 'buddhist', it is not needful people believes or not, it is given a strenght, so strong which need no explanation, rather practice by guidance of the master who knows "both worlds" is the importance.
He is recognized since one recognizes selfless nature, not to compare with whatever.

Then all is practice to not be caught in that conceptual created madness and one has the genuine wish to help all, but there must be openess to listen.

Many can give negating comments about NDE, these are bathing in the compassion, comments are part of that crazy world in which beings are suffering due to their ideas of solid world. Of course, it is sad to see perfect beings doing so, caught in idea distortion, compassion is the answer.

A story from a so called delog. :anjali: But I think then such delog finally lives not in a labeling world anymore, since all phenomena must be liberating in itself, at least so I guess.
“We are each living in our own soap opera. We do not see things as they really are. We see only our interpretations. This is because our minds are always so busy...But when the mind calms down, it becomes clear. This mental clarity enables us to see things as they really are, instead of projecting our commentary on everything.” Jetsunma Tenzin Palmo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bg9jOYnEUA
Martyn

Post by Martyn »

Just watched this video and found it really interesting, thanks.
spanda

Post by spanda »

Interesting link. Thanks!

Also very interesting is this video, from the same conference:

A Conversation with Eben Alexander III, M.D. - Near Death Experiencer -

http://www.btci.org/bioethics/2012/videos2012/vid3.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

On you tube you can find also other interesting videos with him. He was 7 day in a deep coma, with zero brain activity, and he had his NDE experience in this period.
If you look at his CV, he doesn't seems the kind of guy who likes to invent sensational stories: http://www.lifebeyonddeath.net/curriculum-vitae" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

From a buddhist point of view, how can we understand his life changing experience?
Dakinisa

Post by Dakinisa »

Hello :namaste: , I followed your conversation, :reading: very interesting.
Unfortunately I could not see the video, the link was not working anymore. :tantrum:

Also, I would like to express that who ever had a NDE should be very careful of expressing him or herself.
If you talk too positive about it, people might get encouraged to seek such an experience on purpose...

Such experiences can be beautiful but also very scary and it is very important that you are prepared.
Also from my personal view, I feel it is important that you do not seek such experiences or provoke them.
We will all have our experience anyway one day, there is no need to push it and no hurry.
Actually the more time we have to prepare, the better.

Sorry for sounding like an old grandmother :rolleye: , but I really feel it is something people should be careful with.
Sending you all lot's of love and joy for this lifetime :heart:

Return to “Media”