Ancient Aliens Season 3, Episode 3

A place to post videos, pictures, and any other sort of Buddhist or non-Buddhist media.
Nosta

Re: Ancient Aliens Season 3, Episode 3

Post by Nosta »

Its not a question of "are we being visited by aliens?" Thats a very stupid question!

Do you ask if the sun is real? No! The Sun is real. Point! Unless you are discussing the very nature of reality, you wont ask such stupid questions.

The same is valid for ufos.

They are here.
catmoon
Former staff member

Post by catmoon »

Please refrain from the repeated use of the term "stupid" in your posts.
Sergeant Schultz knew everything there was to know.
padma norbu

Post by padma norbu »

alwayson wrote:UFO Hunters was way better than Ancient Aliens

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1V0iOPNA6U" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I disagree wholeheartedly. UFO Hunters was very limited.
"Use what seems like poison as medicine. We can use our personal suffering as the path to compassion for all beings." Pema Chodron
alwayson

Post by alwayson »

:lol: Ancient Aliens is all out lies.

For example the Vaimanika Shastra, is a 20th century text.

Ancient Aliens presents it as an ancient text
padma norbu

Post by padma norbu »

alwayson wrote::lol: Ancient Aliens is all out lies.

For example the Vaimanika Shastra, is a 20th century text.

Ancient Aliens presents it as an ancient text

It's always good to provide one example out of hundreds to make your case that it is "all out lies." Oh, and while I'm at it: link? Because 1875 is a little earlier than you suggest by "20th Century" and it is supposed to be based on older, ancient texts. Were there any antigravity flying machines in 1875, anyway? Wright brothers' first successful flight experiment was in 1903 and they certainly weren't flying anything like a Vimana. Wikipedia suggests a later date, but apparently someone named Swami Dayananda Saraswati "in his comprehensive treatise on the Rig veda, dated 1875, references the Vaimanaik Sastra in his commentary, as well as other manuscripts on Vimanas." Regardless, like I said, this is 1 out of 100s and yours is a fallacious argument.

Wikipedia:
Internet Fraud (hoax)
Since about 2000, in internet you can read a fraud ( hoax or hoax ) in several sites (information is copied to each other) that "the Vaimanika Sastra is a text of the fourth century C. originally written by the sage Bharadwash based on even older texts, was rediscovered in a temple in India in 1875. " 7
Do not forget, however, that in the "Samaranganasutradhara" written in 1500 BC, and whose earliest references date from the second century BC, and mention the "flying cars vimanas or" as "machines capable of moving across the sky long distances as large as a two-storey house."

Elsewhere:
http://www.world-mysteries.com/sar_7.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Doesn't seem like much of an "all out lie" to me. The vimanas are mentioned in ancient texts. Some details on this one thing are fuzzy, but it doesn't make it less compelling, especially in light of all the other evidence they provided on that episode.
"Use what seems like poison as medicine. We can use our personal suffering as the path to compassion for all beings." Pema Chodron

Return to “Media”