Buddhist texts available in Kindle format

A place for videos, pictures, and any other sort of Buddhist or non-Buddhist media.

Buddhist texts available in Kindle format

Postby kirtu » Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:23 pm

There are numerous Buddhist texts available in Kindle format (and hopefully other e-book format as well) ! For me personally this means that I won't necessarily have to scan all my books - :woohoo:

I just got Fa-Hsien's 'A Record of Buddhist Kingdoms" which is free in Kindle form.

There is also a lot of junk there but many valuable texts - several by HHDL, Lama Zopa, Thubten Chodron, Ani Palmo, Lopez, the study of Gedun Chopel, Andreas Doctor's study of terma text's, one of Bhikkhu Bodhi's sutta collections - Jigme Linpa's Deity, Mantra, Meditation - The Three Visions (Sakya Lamrim text) - Zurchungpa's Testament! - Naked Awareness! - Khenchen Palden Sherab!

I could dance! :rolling: :applause:

The dream of creating a mobile elibrary that has been slowly happening since before the Web is now really becoming reality!

There is in fact much more available than I had imagined. Amazon's search results are poor when searching for Buddhist texts - they do apparently use an ontology to help guide their search but it is not tuned correctly for a practitioner (or even a secular scholar). Most of Geshe Sonam Rinchen's works are there for example but didn't apparently come up when I searched just using buddhism or tibetan buddhism as search terms.

HE Jamgon Kongtrul's Treasury of Knowledge - just overwhelmed .... :jumping:

Kirt's Tibetan Translation Notes

"The way to solve problems in your life is to open your heart to others and think differently."
Lama Zopa Rinpoche

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche
Former staff member

Return to Media