Buddhism in America

A place for videos, pictures, and any other sort of Buddhist or non-Buddhist media.

Re: Buddhism in America

Postby spiritnoname » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:26 am

HHDL has a lot of practices,.. amazing man,.. I couldn't keep up with him at all. I read he does like 7 hours of practice in the morning. Even doing accumulations I never would do more than 5 hours straight. Knowing that,... how could you ever tell him your practices are too much and ask to reduce your commitments?
spiritnoname

Re: Buddhism in America

Postby kirtu » Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:27 pm

spiritnoname wrote:HHDL has a lot of practices,.. amazing man,.. I couldn't keep up with him at all. I read he does like 7 hours of practice in the morning. Even doing accumulations I never would do more than 5 hours straight. Knowing that,... how could you ever tell him your practices are too much and ask to reduce your commitments?

But HHDL is extraordinary and beyond that he is an emanation of Avalokiteshvara. Most people will never be able to keep up with him so it's an unfair comparison.

People have to practice within their means and continuously stretch their boundaries but only as their circumstances permit.

Kirt
Kirt's Tibetan Translation Notes

“All beings are Buddhas, but obscured by incidental stains. When those have been removed, there is Buddhahood.”
Hevajra Tantra
kirtu
Former staff member

Previous

Return to Media