Thich Nhat Hanh

A place for videos, pictures, and any other sort of Buddhist or non-Buddhist media.

Thich Nhat Hanh

Postby DharmaKitty » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:46 am

The essence of a real practice is to bring our intellectual understanding to the level of our heart - so as to feel it - to live it!
DharmaKitty

Re: Thich Nhat Hanh

Postby Individual » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:57 pm

But grass is boring and psychic powers seem awesome.
Individual

Postby DharmaKitty » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:58 am

Individual wrote:But grass is boring and psychic powers seem awesome.

Nothing wrong with a little psychic power, I guess, but the living in the moment thing - well that works pretty well for me - when I manage to pull it off!
The essence of a real practice is to bring our intellectual understanding to the level of our heart - so as to feel it - to live it!
DharmaKitty

Postby fragrant herbs » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:31 pm

psychic powers are more interesting, but being in the moment is much more peaceful. it depends upon what you are looking for. i hung out with psychics for a few years, and then i walked into a buddhist institute and found the people to be very peaceful. now that felt much better, so in time i went with the buddhists. not to say that there are not very peaceful buddhists with powers.
fragrant herbs

Postby Individual » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:28 pm

Urgyen Chodron wrote:psychic powers are more interesting, but being in the moment is much more peaceful.

The allure of psychic power is sensual desire, which leads to suffering, while mindfulness is conducive to liberation. :)
Individual

Return to Media