The Eastern Music Thread!

A place for videos, pictures, and any other sort of Buddhist or non-Buddhist media.

Re: The Eastern Music Thread!

Postby padma norbu » Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:46 pm

I really like Huun Huur Tu and their album "If I'd Been Born An Eagle," in particular:
"Use what seems like poison as medicine. We can use our personal suffering as the path to compassion for all beings." Pema Chodron
padma norbu

Postby padma norbu » Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:47 pm

"Use what seems like poison as medicine. We can use our personal suffering as the path to compassion for all beings." Pema Chodron
padma norbu

Postby Johnny Dangerous » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:11 pm

Didn't even know about Huun Huur Tu until now..amazing stuff. I saw The Daughters of Tuva perform live once, probably the best concert i've ever been to.
"Just as a lotus does not grow out of a well-levelled soil but from the mire, in the same way the awakening mind
is not born in the hearts of disciples in whom the moisture of attachment has dried up. It grows instead in the hearts of ordinary sentient beings who possess in full the fetters of bondage." -Se Chilbu Choki Gyaltsen
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Postby padma norbu » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:25 pm

Johnny Dangerous wrote:Didn't even know about Huun Huur Tu until now..amazing stuff. I saw The Daughters of Tuva perform live once, probably the best concert i've ever been to.

They are great. Every time I listen to that album an amazing calm passes over me.
padma norbu

Previous

Return to Media