The Eastern Music Thread!

A place to post videos, pictures, and any other sort of Buddhist or non-Buddhist media.
padma norbu

Re: The Eastern Music Thread!

Postby padma norbu » Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:46 pm

I really like Huun Huur Tu and their album "If I'd Been Born An Eagle," in particular:
phpBB [video]
"Use what seems like poison as medicine. We can use our personal suffering as the path to compassion for all beings." Pema Chodron

padma norbu

Postby padma norbu » Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:47 pm

"Use what seems like poison as medicine. We can use our personal suffering as the path to compassion for all beings." Pema Chodron

Johnny Dangerous
Former staff member

Postby Johnny Dangerous » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:11 pm

Didn't even know about Huun Huur Tu until now..amazing stuff. I saw The Daughters of Tuva perform live once, probably the best concert i've ever been to.
May the ocean of lands be purified, the ocean of beings liberated, the ocean of Dharma realized,
and the ocean of wisdom fully attained. -The Aspiration of Samantabhadra

padma norbu

Postby padma norbu » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:25 pm

Johnny Dangerous wrote:Didn't even know about Huun Huur Tu until now..amazing stuff. I saw The Daughters of Tuva perform live once, probably the best concert i've ever been to.

They are great. Every time I listen to that album an amazing calm passes over me.

Return to “Media”