Shurangama Sutra English Spoken Audio Recording

A place to post videos, pictures, and any other sort of Buddhist or non-Buddhist media.
DharmaWater

Shurangama Sutra English Spoken Audio Recording

Post by DharmaWater »

This embedded Video is the complete playlist as it is on YouTube. Here is just the link: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 4LbEraowxb

This recitation is very important to me. Your feedback, being learned cultivators as opposed to passers-by would mean a lot.
What advice / critique, good or bad, would you give me?

phpBB [video]

I dedicate the merit of recitation to all those who listen. (If I can do that. I think I just did but not sure if that's...ok) :p
Matt J

Re: Shurangama Sutra English Spoken Audio Recording

Post by Matt J »

I can say that my first impression, as an avid audio book person (especially with Dharma books), that it sounds great. It is clear, the tone is good, and although I'm no scholar, it seems the Sanskrit was well-handled. I would listen to it, when I get back to the Shurangama Sutra.
"The world is made of stories, not atoms."
--- Muriel Rukeyser
DharmaWater

Post by DharmaWater »

Matt J wrote:I can say that my first impression, as an avid audio book person (especially with Dharma books), that it sounds great. It is clear, the tone is good, and although I'm no scholar, it seems the Sanskrit was well-handled. I would listen to it, when I get back to the Shurangama Sutra.
Thank Matt! I appreciate it. -dw
Fortyeightvows

Post by Fortyeightvows »

This is really great and sounds perfect. A great way to encounter this sutra in english. Very glad to have you on this forum
I may put this on cd to listen to on my way to work.
DharmaWater

Post by DharmaWater »

Fortyeightvows wrote:This is really great and sounds perfect. A great way to encounter this sutra in english. Very glad to have you on this forum
I may put this on cd to listen to on my way to work.
Sweet!! And roll the windows down a bit so the sounds can samadhi-blast the bugs. :)
Loren Enders

Post by Loren Enders »

Verses of the Eight Noble Auspicious Ones

Do you guys do group recitations? Through practice with the FPMT have learned they can be very beneficial.
'Lorem', 'Loren', 'Loren Enders'
DharmaWater

Post by DharmaWater »

Loren Enders wrote:Verses of the Eight Noble Auspicious Ones

Do you guys do group recitations? Through practice with the FPMT have learned they can be very beneficial.
I haven't before. What a great idea though. A group recitation via Hangouts or Skype...I'd love to participate if other members are interested.
Also, gem of a link.

Return to “Media”