Alien & UFOs thread...

A place for videos, pictures, and any other sort of Buddhist or non-Buddhist media.

Re: Alien & UFOs thread...

Postby bob » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:34 pm

Simon E. wrote:The Buddha said clearly that all sentient beings are characterised by Dukkha, Anicca and Anatta..to postulate that sentient beings can evolve beyond Dukkha or solve Dukkha by technology is just as rooted in error as the idea that sentient beings can evolve an atta, or modify the fact of Anicca. Dukkha arises with and from Anatta and Anicca...they can.t somehow be grown out of even with infinite amounts of time. Time itself arises dependently.



So you have been told, and though you have no real direct experience in this regard, you nevertheless keep a good closed mind and parrot the borrowed party line. That's ok, it's what humans typically do, close ranks in the herd. It's an old strategy, based on fear, and characterizes the human animal, accounting for the endless conflicts between tribes of different believers.

As for the Buddhist take, several hundred years after he lived, humans with human agendas began attributing numerous teachings to Buddha, which they eventually put into writing and called sutras, continually adding and subtracting as they felt moved to do so. Some of these writings may have portions that actually bear a faint resemblance to what he taught, while others are more likely representative of the notions of people living at a time when it was commonly believed that the sun traveled around the earth.

Nevertheless, adherents to this or that sub-sect will still argue noisily back and forth with each other about the most obscure elements of the doctored texts, and/or react with condescension and even scorn at the teaching of anyone whom they deem to be outside of their particular scriptural club doctrines -- citing the Buddha’s words for their authority (regardless of whether or not he actually even spoke them, or if he did say something like that, in what context).

Of course, this is typical of religious believers in general. For example, although the Christian Jesus was most likely a composite of several possibly historical as well as certain mythical characters, nevertheless people live and die, and even burn each other at the stake, based on their conditional interpretation of words put into his mouth by a multitude of story tellers who came much later.

After several centuries from the purported birth of the Savior, these tales were carefully edited to serve the political agenda of Constantine after the Council of Nicea, and then tinkered with for several additional centuries, until eventually we get what is today called the official "New Testament".

On the other hand, there are people alive right now who have experienced extended contact with real ETs, and have in turn provided a huge amount of information that is available to study, if one is willing to do the research, rather than resorting to obsolete data and conditioned biases. Among that information, there is the indication that there are indeed species that are not subject to suffering, nor to impermanence (or any concept of time as we humans imagine it), and that in fact the universe itself is nothing like it has been described in primitive human religious literature.

A second, additional body of evidence can be gleaned from numerous nde reports, in which the subjects came back with the imparted knowledge that the universe is teeming with sentient beings, many of whom are evolved far beyond what the human mind can even begin to comprehend.
bob
 
Posts: 136
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 5:37 pm

Re: Alien & UFOs thread...

Postby PadmaVonSamba » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:51 pm

bob wrote: there are people alive right now who have experienced extended contact with real ETs, and have in turn provided a huge amount of information that is available to study, if one is willing to do the research, rather than resorting to obsolete data and conditioned biases. Among that information, there is the indication that there are indeed species that are not subject to suffering, nor to impermanence (or any concept of time as we humans imagine it), and that in fact the universe itself is nothing like it has been described in primitive human religious literature.


Or, they are making it all up.

bob wrote:A second, additional body of evidence can be gleaned from numerous nde reports, in which the subjects came back with the imparted knowledge that the universe is teeming with sentient beings, many of whom are evolved far beyond what the human mind can even begin to comprehend.


gleaned?

Oh we of little faith in ETs!
The facts are there for us.
Thousands of facts. Actual photos of ETs landing here and meeting face to face with earthlings.
But there is a conspiracy to hide them from us, but they are the facts.
We just have to believe they are facts!
(That is what separates "UFO research" from religion).
:rolling:
.
.
.
Profile Picture: "The Foaming Monk"
The Chinese characters are Fo (buddha) and Ming (bright). The image is of a student of Buddhism, who, imagining himself to be a monk, and not understanding the true meaning of the words takes the sound of the words literally. Likewise, People on web forums sometime seem to be foaming at the mouth.
Original painting by P.Volker /used by permission.
User avatar
PadmaVonSamba
 
Posts: 2845
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 1:41 am

Re: Alien & UFOs thread...

Postby Simon E. » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:58 pm

bob wrote:
Simon E. wrote:The Buddha said clearly that all sentient beings are characterised by Dukkha, Anicca and Anatta..to postulate that sentient beings can evolve beyond Dukkha or solve Dukkha by technology is just as rooted in error as the idea that sentient beings can evolve an atta, or modify the fact of Anicca. Dukkha arises with and from Anatta and Anicca...they can.t somehow be grown out of even with infinite amounts of time. Time itself arises dependently.



So you have been told, and though you have no real direct experience in this regard, you nevertheless keep a good closed mind and parrot the borrowed party line. That's ok, it's what humans typically do, close ranks in the herd. It's an old strategy, based on fear, and characterizes the human animal, accounting for the endless conflicts between tribes of different believers.

As for the Buddhist take, several hundred years after he lived, humans with human agendas began attributing numerous teachings to Buddha, which they eventually put into writing and called sutras, continually adding and subtracting as they felt moved to do so. Some of these writings may have portions that actually bear a faint resemblance to what he taught, while others are more likely representative of the notions of people living at a time when it was commonly believed that the sun traveled around the earth.

Nevertheless, adherents to this or that sub-sect will still argue noisily back and forth with each other about the most obscure elements of the doctored texts, and/or react with condescension and even scorn at the teaching of anyone whom they deem to be outside of their particular scriptural club doctrines -- citing the Buddha’s words for their authority (regardless of whether or not he actually even spoke them, or if he did say something like that, in what context).

Of course, this is typical of religious believers in general. For example, although the Christian Jesus was most likely a composite of several possibly historical as well as certain mythical characters, nevertheless people live and die, and even burn each other at the stake, based on their conditional interpretation of words put into his mouth by a multitude of story tellers who came much later.

After several centuries from the purported birth of the Savior, these tales were carefully edited to serve the political agenda of Constantine after the Council of Nicea, and then tinkered with for several additional centuries, until eventually we get what is today called the official "New Testament".

On the other hand, there are people alive right now who have experienced extended contact with real ETs, and have in turn provided a huge amount of information that is available to study, if one is willing to do the research, rather than resorting to obsolete data and conditioned biases. Among that information, there is the indication that there are indeed species that are not subject to suffering, nor to impermanence (or any concept of time as we humans imagine it), and that in fact the universe itself is nothing like it has been described in primitive human religious literature.

A second, additional body of evidence can be gleaned from numerous nde reports, in which the subjects came back with the imparted knowledge that the universe is teeming with sentient beings, many of whom are evolved far beyond what the human mind can even begin to comprehend.

:rolling: oh my streaming eyes.
Simon E.
 
Posts: 2543
Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 11:09 am

Re: Alien & UFOs thread...

Postby PadmaVonSamba » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:01 pm

bob wrote: that there are indeed species that are not subject to suffering, nor to impermanence (or any concept of time as we humans imagine it), and that in fact the universe itself is nothing like it has been described in primitive human religious literature.


Then there should be no reason for them to hide from us.
Nothing to fear. Nothing to need.
Impervious to any Earthly contaminants.
No worry about being captured and dissected.

Unless perhaps, they feel compelled to obey the Federation's Prime Objective
to not interfere with a planet's development.
Oh wait...no, they have provided a huge amount of information that is available to study,
So, I guess it's too late to follow the orders of Star Command.

Well, I for one, welcome them on behalf of all skeptics everywhere.
.
.
.
Profile Picture: "The Foaming Monk"
The Chinese characters are Fo (buddha) and Ming (bright). The image is of a student of Buddhism, who, imagining himself to be a monk, and not understanding the true meaning of the words takes the sound of the words literally. Likewise, People on web forums sometime seem to be foaming at the mouth.
Original painting by P.Volker /used by permission.
User avatar
PadmaVonSamba
 
Posts: 2845
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 1:41 am

Re: Alien & UFOs thread...

Postby Simon E. » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:04 pm

Simon E. wrote:
bob wrote:
Simon E. wrote:The Buddha said clearly that all sentient beings are characterised by Dukkha, Anicca and Anatta..to postulate that sentient beings can evolve beyond Dukkha or solve Dukkha by technology is just as rooted in error as the idea that sentient beings can evolve an atta, or modify the fact of Anicca. Dukkha arises with and from Anatta and Anicca...they can.t somehow be grown out of even with infinite amounts of time. Time itself arises dependently.



So you have been told, and though you have no real direct experience in this regard, you nevertheless keep a good closed mind and parrot the borrowed party line. That's ok, it's what humans typically do, close ranks in the herd. It's an old strategy, based on fear, and characterizes the human animal, accounting for the endless conflicts between tribes of different believers.

As for the Buddhist take, several hundred years after he lived, humans with human agendas began attributing numerous teachings to Buddha, which they eventually put into writing and called sutras, continually adding and subtracting as they felt moved to do so. Some of these writings may have portions that actually bear a faint resemblance to what he taught, while others are more likely representative of the notions of people living at a time when it was commonly believed that the sun traveled around the earth.

Nevertheless, adherents to this or that sub-sect will still argue noisily back and forth with each other about the most obscure elements of the doctored texts, and/or react with condescension and even scorn at the teaching of anyone whom they deem to be outside of their particular scriptural club doctrines -- citing the Buddha’s words for their authority (regardless of whether or not he actually even spoke them, or if he did say something like that, in what context).

Of course, this is typical of religious believers in general. For example, although the Christian Jesus was most likely a composite of several possibly historical as well as certain mythical characters, nevertheless people live and die, and even burn each other at the stake, based on their conditional interpretation of words put into his mouth by a multitude of story tellers who came much later.

After several centuries from the purported birth of the Savior, these tales were carefully edited to serve the political agenda of Constantine after the Council of Nicea, and then tinkered with for several additional centuries, until eventually we get what is today called the official "New Testament".

On the other hand, there are people alive right now who have experienced extended contact with real ETs, and have in turn provided a huge amount of information that is available to study, if one is willing to do the research, rather than resorting to obsolete data and conditioned biases. Among that information, there is the indication that there are indeed species that are not subject to suffering, nor to impermanence (or any concept of time as we humans imagine it), and that in fact the universe itself is nothing like it has been described in primitive human religious literature.

A second, additional body of evidence can be gleaned from numerous nde reports, in which the subjects came back with the imparted knowledge that the universe is teeming with sentient beings, many of whom are evolved far beyond what the human mind can even begin to comprehend.

:rolling: oh my streaming eyes.

On a more serious note..
What is your motive here Bob ? You see I think you are a man on a mission. A mission to the poor benighted Buddhists to explain to them their own religion. And I think such a mission is breathtakingly arrogant.
Last edited by Simon E. on Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Simon E.
 
Posts: 2543
Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 11:09 am

Re: Alien & UFOs thread...

Postby Seishin » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:04 pm

bob wrote:
Simon E. wrote:The Buddha said clearly that all sentient beings are characterised by Dukkha, Anicca and Anatta..to postulate that sentient beings can evolve beyond Dukkha or solve Dukkha by technology is just as rooted in error as the idea that sentient beings can evolve an atta, or modify the fact of Anicca. Dukkha arises with and from Anatta and Anicca...they can.t somehow be grown out of even with infinite amounts of time. Time itself arises dependently.



So you have been told, and though you have no real direct experience in this regard, you nevertheless keep a good closed mind and parrot the borrowed party line. That's ok, it's what humans typically do, close ranks in the herd. It's an old strategy, based on fear, and characterizes the human animal, accounting for the endless conflicts between tribes of different believers.


Buddhism is an experiential path rather than a dogmatic belief system. Of course we can't take the entirety of the tripitaka at word value, however there are some truths that can be easily verified for yourself via practice. The truth of Dukkha, Anicca and Anatta and three such truths which you can understand within your own lifetime.

Gassho,
Seishin
User avatar
Seishin
Former staff member
 
Posts: 1407
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:53 am

Re: Alien & UFOs thread...

Postby Seishin » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:07 pm

bob wrote:and that in fact the universe itself is nothing like it has been described in primitive human religious literature.


So everything that is old is primitive, or is it just because it's religious? :popcorn:
User avatar
Seishin
Former staff member
 
Posts: 1407
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:53 am

Re: Alien & UFOs thread...

Postby bob » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:21 pm

PadmaVonSamba wrote:Then there should be no reason for them to hide from us.
Nothing to fear. Nothing to need.
Impervious to any Earthly contaminants.
No worry about being captured and dissected.


Hi Padma,

here is a brief portion of one contactee's information regarding such disclosure:

It is ethical to keep this planet from a mental meltdown, because that’s what would happen if all of a sudden humanity became aware that there are thousands of ET ships on earth, on the moon, in orbit around the planet and throughout the solar system. Humans need to make a physiological leap before we can handle them face to face. A leap that will not happen until we hatch from this egg we call planet Earth and move out into the solar system.
Because they know how detrimental that would be to our development. If they came out our lives would be totally disrupted- no one would go to work, everything would come to a standstill- the trains, the street lights, delivering the food to the stores, gas pumps would go dry, --and on and on. Everyone would be so blown away that they wouldn't function.
Could you go about your daily routine if an armada of alien ships suddenly appeared on this planet? BTW they are here, incognito for your protection. They would have to take complete charge of six billion people, reorganize the whole planet pronto before humans starved to death.
It would not be a pretty picture, for one there would be lots of people against what they would see as an alien invasion and form a resistance movement, in the mean time chaos would engulf the planet.
Formal alien contact sounds nice but its impossible at this stage of human development. Humans need to cut their teeth in space and become more like the aliens before we can communicate with them openly. It will happen.
We have stealth craft designed to avoid radar and other forms of detection because we wish to remain incognito during reconnaissance. The ETs have the ability to mask their ships in infinite ways, including making them very difficult to photograph. They are invisible most of the times and uncloak only when they want certain people to see them.-- however they don't allow clear photos of their ships because they are not ready to make full contact.
That is why most contactees can only give briefs statements of theirs experiences- ninety five percent of what most experience is blocked from memory- regression only reveals what the aliens allow and most of the time info from regression is only stuff the ETS put there for that purpose- ETs are not as dumb as some people think.
ETs will dictate information télépathically like questions asked of them - seeing is believing they know this and don't want much of their stuff described on the front pages of newspapers.
If ETs wanted full disclosure it would be easy for them to do it -they don't want that- way too
disruptive, instead they let it permeate out slowly...
Most will not believe-- look how long it took to figure out that the Earth moves around the Sun and this planet is not flat-- even though simple instruments and common sense could have disclosed those facts. Some people will believe -- not because they are easily fooled but because they know instinctively. Most will continue to graze on the same old sod because that's what everyone else is doing.
Many are expecting disclosure in a large way but the vast majorities on this planet are not, nor are they truly aware of the possibility of extraterrestrials residing on Earth--and in sizeable number-- if that were to get out it would scare the sh-t out of a lot of people. The numbers of humans ready for wholesale disclosure are not there and will not be for some time.
In the mean time personal disclosure goes on every day-- however many of those people have a difficult time with it-- even those who believed they were ready for anything have discovered that they can't handle it.
They have spelled it out to lots of people but it will be a while before they come out of the closet for the general population. The government has no choice but to cooperate with ET. ET is not a threat to national security but if the average person who is oblivious of ET should ever know that they exist and are infinitely superior, that would be a problem. Its way too early for a one world government and that's what will happen when they disclose themselves.
Disclosure is not happening from the human end-- no government has that authority or ability to do it. It's far too soon for worldwide "first contact." Besides there is nothing that you could do or say that will convince non-believers of anything other than you might have a mental problem for talking about ET.
The vast majority remains stuck attempting to comprehend human phenomena- they are not ready for the extraterrestrial stuff. The memo for full disclosure has not been sent out however there will be a huge increase in personal contacts in the coming years. ETs are not going to make themselves known to the general population of earth anytime soon-- unless there are major earth changes in the works like natural or economic catastrophe.
Short of that, worldwide contact is not going to happen-----it's nowhere near time for them to come out.
bob
 
Posts: 136
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 5:37 pm

Re: Alien & UFOs thread...

Postby Simon E. » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:23 pm

Seishin wrote:
bob wrote:
Simon E. wrote:The Buddha said clearly that all sentient beings are characterised by Dukkha, Anicca and Anatta..to postulate that sentient beings can evolve beyond Dukkha or solve Dukkha by technology is just as rooted in error as the idea that sentient beings can evolve an atta, or modify the fact of Anicca. Dukkha arises with and from Anatta and Anicca...they can.t somehow be grown out of even with infinite amounts of time. Time itself arises dependently.



So you have been told, and though you have no real direct experience in this regard, you nevertheless keep a good closed mind and parrot the borrowed party line. That's ok, it's what humans typically do, close ranks in the herd. It's an old strategy, based on fear, and characterizes the human animal, accounting for the endless conflicts between tribes of different believers.


Buddhism is an experiential path rather than a dogmatic belief system. Of course we Ylcan't take the entirety of the tripitaka at word value, however there are some truths that can be easily verified for yourself via practice. The truth of Dukkha, Anicca and Anatta and three such truths which you can understand within your own lifetime.

Gassho,
Seishin

Indeed the truths of Dukkha, Anicca and Anatta are realised for oneself relatively easily, and not just as concepts or beliefs.
Simon E.
 
Posts: 2543
Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 11:09 am

Re: Alien & UFOs thread...

Postby bob » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:27 pm

Seishin wrote:Buddhism is an experiential path rather than a dogmatic belief system. Of course we can't take the entirety of the tripitaka at word value, however there are some truths that can be easily verified for yourself via practice. The truth of Dukkha, Anicca and Anatta and three such truths which you can understand within your own lifetime.


Hi Seishin,

Based on what I have learned, earth and earth-like planets rank rather low on the scale of universal manifestation, but we as humans tend to take the prevailing circumstances here, such as suffering and impermanence, and project those conditions onto the rest of the cosmos, when in fact they may only pertain at this rather infantile level of awareness and experience in which we find ourselves. There is no question that Buddha discovered several key truths about human existence, which we ourselves can also discover, but his take on the greater universe is far from accurate, at least as reported in the texts.
bob
 
Posts: 136
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 5:37 pm

Re: Alien & UFOs thread...

Postby dharmagoat » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:35 pm

Simon E. wrote:Indeed the truths of Dukkha, Anicca and Anatta are realised for oneself relatively easily, and not just as concepts or beliefs.

As is Suññatā (Śūnyatā, 'emptiness').

The difficulty comes when they are treated conceptually.

The same could be said for most Buddhist concepts.
Last edited by dharmagoat on Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May all beings be happy
dharmagoat
 
Posts: 1199
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:39 pm

Re: Alien & UFOs thread...

Postby Simon E. » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:36 pm

bob wrote:
Seishin wrote:Buddhism is an experiential path rather than a dogmatic belief system. Of course we can't take the entirety of the tripitaka at word value, however there are some truths that can be easily verified for yourself via practice. The truth of Dukkha, Anicca and Anatta and three such truths which you can understand within your own lifetime.


Hi Seishin,

Based on what I have learned, earth and earth-like planets rank rather low on the scale of universal manifestation, but we as humans tend to take the prevailing circumstances here, such as suffering and impermanence, and project those conditions onto the rest of the cosmos, when in fact they may only pertain at this rather infantile level of awareness and experience in which we find ourselves. There is no question that Buddha discovered several key truths about human existence, which we ourselves can also discover, but his take on the greater universe is far from accurate, at least as reported in the texts.

so tell me Bob, do you KNOW this to be fact ?
Simon E.
 
Posts: 2543
Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 11:09 am

Re: Alien & UFOs thread...

Postby PadmaVonSamba » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:55 pm

History demonstrates that
When something amazing, fantastic occurs,
and its occurrence is not readily explainable
the natural response is often to assume that
something amazing and fantastic must be the cause.
It seems only logical.

For example, being struck by lightning or swallowed up by a sinkhole
earthquakes and great storms, plagues and infestations
were once thought to be the actions of Gods...
(because, logically, what else besides a god could perform such incredible feats?)
...until people began to understand things like bacteria, germs and plate tectonics and so forth.

I don't know anyone who doubts the likelihood of ETs
or will say that absolutely none has ever been to Earth.
But, to quote Carl Sagan, "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence"
and that has to go beyond finding faults in alternative explanations for things.

If a set of lights in the sky are thought to be ETs,
and someone says they were signal flares,
and someone demonstrates that they were not signal flares
This doesn't mean they must have been ETs.

If a glass falls off a table
one might assume that the cat did it
but if the cat was outside when the glass fell
that doesn't mean it must have been knocked off by a ghost
even though a ghost seems like the only likely explanation
which will only be the case if one believes is ghosts to begin with.
And the reason why ghosts and unexplained falling dishes seem so compatible
is that they both exist as mind-boggling mysteries.

In other words, one mystery is used to explain another mystery.
People who have a hard time with that are called skeptics.

it is a forgone conclusion that all unexplained events point directly to UFO activity
and support that explanation for similar events
if one has already decided that ETs and UFO activity is the most likely cause of unexplained events.
they would explain being struck by lightning or swallowed up by a sinkhole
earthquakes and great storms, plagues and infestations as well.

Belief in a creator God is only possible if one believes in the existence of a self (atman)
which Buddha demonstrated cannot be found to actually occur anywhere
even though the experience of a self arises.
When no actual self arises,
no actual self needs any explanations for strange lights in the sky.

Buddhism thrives not because of obscure doctrines that give explanations for things
but because you can test out the very same contemplative techniques that the Buddha used 2600 years ago
and come to exactly the same conclusions about the causes and cessation of suffering,
which all pivot on the idea of a self.

So, I am interested in parallels between religious fanaticism
and UFO / ET fanaticism,
especially in the face of such vehement condemnation of non-(ET)-believers.

So, here is an open question:
Does the belief in ET visits to Earth depend on a belief in the existence of an inherent self (atman)?
Does the validity of ETs primarily serve to validate the reality of one's own existence?
.
.
.
Last edited by PadmaVonSamba on Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Profile Picture: "The Foaming Monk"
The Chinese characters are Fo (buddha) and Ming (bright). The image is of a student of Buddhism, who, imagining himself to be a monk, and not understanding the true meaning of the words takes the sound of the words literally. Likewise, People on web forums sometime seem to be foaming at the mouth.
Original painting by P.Volker /used by permission.
User avatar
PadmaVonSamba
 
Posts: 2845
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 1:41 am

Re: Alien & UFOs thread...

Postby bob » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:05 pm

I am not talking about belief, but direct experience, as well as the direct experience of those whom I have found to be reliable. Now, I realize that many will not be comfortable with some of the issues I have discussed, and that I am in fact subjecting myself to possible ridicule for even broaching these subjects, but that is not really important to me at this stage of my life. This thread was started here, and I had information to contribute, and that is what I have done, so let the chips fall where they may. It doesn't really matter, since I know that even the most closed-minded skeptics will eventually have their eyes opened. I am just offering a little heads-up for those who are willing to drop their conditioning around this topic and think for themselves. Ultimately, as I have mentioned elsewhere on this board, our knowledge and beliefs are pretty insignificant compared to how we treat each other, and the love we are able to share (or not) while incarnated here in this virtual reality scenario called human life.

Blessings!
bob
 
Posts: 136
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 5:37 pm

Re: Alien & UFOs thread...

Postby Simon E. » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:07 pm

What Bob is saying inasmuch as it has any coherence, is that the three marks only apply to local conditions due to the relative immaturity of humanity. And that in other parts of the universe Dukkha may not apply, which means that Anicca does not apply and that sentient beings in those other parts of the universe may have attas.
In other words that the Buddhas is wrong.
Make no mistake if anywhere in the cosmos change does not happen and beings have attas the Buddha is wrong.
No ifs, no buts.
Personally I know who I trust.
Simon E.
 
Posts: 2543
Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 11:09 am

Re: Alien & UFOs thread...

Postby PadmaVonSamba » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:08 pm

bob wrote:I am not talking about belief, but direct experience, as well as the direct experience of those whom I have found to be reliable. Now, I realize that many will not be comfortable with some of the issues I have discussed, and that I am in fact subjecting myself to possible ridicule for even broaching these subjects, but that is not really important to me at this stage of my life. This thread was started here, and I had information to contribute, and that is what I have done, so let the chips fall where they may. It doesn't really matter, since I know that even the most closed-minded skeptics will eventually have their eyes opened. I am just offering a little heads-up for those who are willing to drop their conditioning around this topic and think for themselves. Ultimately, as I have mentioned elsewhere on this board, our knowledge and beliefs are pretty insignificant compared to how we treat each other, and the love we are able to share (or not) while incarnated here in this virtual reality scenario called human life.

Blessings!


Everyone's personal experience is valid,
and should be respected as being that.
:anjali:
.
.
.
Profile Picture: "The Foaming Monk"
The Chinese characters are Fo (buddha) and Ming (bright). The image is of a student of Buddhism, who, imagining himself to be a monk, and not understanding the true meaning of the words takes the sound of the words literally. Likewise, People on web forums sometime seem to be foaming at the mouth.
Original painting by P.Volker /used by permission.
User avatar
PadmaVonSamba
 
Posts: 2845
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 1:41 am

Re: Alien & UFOs thread...

Postby Simon E. » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:12 pm

bob wrote:I am not talking about belief, but direct experience, as well as the direct experience of those whom I have found to be reliable. Now, I realize that many will not be comfortable with some of the issues I have discussed, and that I am in fact subjecting myself to possible ridicule for even broaching these subjects, but that is not really important to me at this stage of my life. This thread was started here, and I had information to contribute, and that is what I have done, so let the chips fall where they may. It doesn't really matter, since I know that even the most closed-minded skeptics will eventually have their eyes opened. I am just offering a little heads-up for those who are willing to drop their conditioning around this topic and think for themselves. Ultimately, as I have mentioned elsewhere on this board, our knowledge and beliefs are pretty insignificant compared to how we treat each other, and the love we are able to share (or not) while incarnated here in this virtual reality scenario called human life.

Blessings!

So let's be clear. You are saying that you have direct experience of aliens ? And that this direct experience demonstrates that Buddhdharma is true only provisionally and locally ? That this was communicated to you by aliens ? By direct contact or by telepathy ?
Last edited by Simon E. on Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Simon E.
 
Posts: 2543
Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 11:09 am

Re: Alien & UFOs thread...

Postby smcj » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:12 pm

bob wrote:….since I know that even the most closed-minded skeptics will eventually have their eyes opened.

I am a self-identified skeptic, but I'm more than willing to be proven wrong. Hopefully if and when such an event happens it will not have as a consequence the end or enslavement of the human race. The old Twilight Zone titled "To Serve Man" comes to mind. But other than that I'd be ok with it. Until such time as they land there's nothing more to do in this regard other than take a 'wait and see' approach.

:shrug:

:alien: :alien: :alien: :alien: :alien: :alien: :alien:

:woohoo:
Last edited by smcj on Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A human being has his limits. And thus, in every conceivable way, with every possible means, he tries to make the teaching enter into his own limits. ChNN
smcj
 
Posts: 2078
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 6:13 am

Re: Alien & UFOs thread...

Postby bob » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:21 pm

Simon E. wrote:What Bob is saying inasmuch as it has any coherence, is that the three marks only apply to local conditions due to the relative immaturity of humanity. And that in other parts of the universe Dukkha may not apply...


Not only in the greater cosmos, but even here, suffering has never happened. In fact, nothing has happened. It would help if you could truly experience what Nagarjuna was pointing to when he said "like a dream.." You are not going to be able to verify this by resort to your texts, however.

Cheers, Simon!
bob
 
Posts: 136
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 5:37 pm

Re: Alien & UFOs thread...

Postby PadmaVonSamba » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:23 pm

bob wrote:
here is a brief portion of one contactee's information regarding such disclosure:

It is ethical to keep this planet from a mental meltdown, because that’s what would happen if all of a sudden humanity became aware that there are thousands of ET ships on earth, on the moon, in orbit around the planet and throughout the solar system. Humans need to make a physiological leap before we can handle them face to face. A leap that will not happen until we hatch from this egg we call planet Earth and move out into the solar system.
Because they know how detrimental that would be to our development. If they came out our lives would be totally disrupted- no one would go to work, everything would come to a standstill- the trains, the street lights, delivering the food to the stores, gas pumps would go dry, --and on and on. Everyone would be so blown away that they wouldn't function.
Could you go about your daily routine if an armada of alien ships suddenly appeared on this planet? BTW they are here, incognito for your protection. They would have to take complete charge of six billion people, reorganize the whole planet pronto before humans starved to death.
It would not be a pretty picture, for one there would be lots of people against what they would see as an alien invasion and form a resistance movement, in the mean time chaos would engulf the planet.
Formal alien contact sounds nice but its impossible at this stage of human development. Humans need to cut their teeth in space and become more like the aliens before we can communicate with them openly. It will happen.
We have stealth craft designed to avoid radar and other forms of detection because we wish to remain incognito during reconnaissance. The ETs have the ability to mask their ships in infinite ways, including making them very difficult to photograph. They are invisible most of the times and uncloak only when they want certain people to see them.-- however they don't allow clear photos of their ships because they are not ready to make full contact.
That is why most contactees can only give briefs statements of theirs experiences- ninety five percent of what most experience is blocked from memory- regression only reveals what the aliens allow and most of the time info from regression is only stuff the ETS put there for that purpose- ETs are not as dumb as some people think.
ETs will dictate information télépathically like questions asked of them - seeing is believing they know this and don't want much of their stuff described on the front pages of newspapers.
If ETs wanted full disclosure it would be easy for them to do it -they don't want that- way too
disruptive, instead they let it permeate out slowly...
Most will not believe-- look how long it took to figure out that the Earth moves around the Sun and this planet is not flat-- even though simple instruments and common sense could have disclosed those facts. Some people will believe -- not because they are easily fooled but because they know instinctively. Most will continue to graze on the same old sod because that's what everyone else is doing.
Many are expecting disclosure in a large way but the vast majorities on this planet are not, nor are they truly aware of the possibility of extraterrestrials residing on Earth--and in sizeable number-- if that were to get out it would scare the sh-t out of a lot of people. The numbers of humans ready for wholesale disclosure are not there and will not be for some time.
In the mean time personal disclosure goes on every day-- however many of those people have a difficult time with it-- even those who believed they were ready for anything have discovered that they can't handle it.
They have spelled it out to lots of people but it will be a while before they come out of the closet for the general population. The government has no choice but to cooperate with ET. ET is not a threat to national security but if the average person who is oblivious of ET should ever know that they exist and are infinitely superior, that would be a problem. Its way too early for a one world government and that's what will happen when they disclose themselves.
Disclosure is not happening from the human end-- no government has that authority or ability to do it. It's far too soon for worldwide "first contact." Besides there is nothing that you could do or say that will convince non-believers of anything other than you might have a mental problem for talking about ET.
The vast majority remains stuck attempting to comprehend human phenomena- they are not ready for the extraterrestrial stuff. The memo for full disclosure has not been sent out however there will be a huge increase in personal contacts in the coming years. ETs are not going to make themselves known to the general population of earth anytime soon-- unless there are major earth changes in the works like natural or economic catastrophe.
Short of that, worldwide contact is not going to happen-----it's nowhere near time for them to come out.


You just described the entire history of organized religion.

.
.
.
Profile Picture: "The Foaming Monk"
The Chinese characters are Fo (buddha) and Ming (bright). The image is of a student of Buddhism, who, imagining himself to be a monk, and not understanding the true meaning of the words takes the sound of the words literally. Likewise, People on web forums sometime seem to be foaming at the mouth.
Original painting by P.Volker /used by permission.
User avatar
PadmaVonSamba
 
Posts: 2845
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 1:41 am

PreviousNext

Return to Media

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

>