Alien & UFOs thread...

A place for videos, pictures, and any other sort of Buddhist or non-Buddhist media.

Alien & UFOs thread...

Postby padma norbu » Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:24 pm

Various Buddhist texts mention aliens and other dimensional beings co-habitating with us here on earth, so why not a thread on it?

I know a couple guys who worked at Lockheed (although neither worked for Skunkworks). One seems to have become brainwashed into an all-American patriot (from an anarcho-punk mindset) and the other one has had near death experiences and told me he definitely believes in aliens and UFOs. This second guy did not say that anything he experienced at Lockheed convinced him aliens and UFOs were real, but that it convinced him if they were real, we would never know about it, and that he's seen enough credible witness testimony and heard the evidence that he has no doubt. I think he also worked with an older genius who shared some alien-type ideas with him, but he wasn't too specific. This older guy was his mentor who taught him how to build nuclear reactor simulations and weapons tests similar to something you might see in an X-men movie where real people go in a "fighting room" and all this interactive training stuff happens. Pretty interesting stuff.
"Use what seems like poison as medicine. We can use our personal suffering as the path to compassion for all beings." Pema Chodron
padma norbu

Re: Alien & UFOs thread...

Postby padma norbu » Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:49 pm

In a letter dated 1986, 9 years before his supposed "death bed confession," he wrote a letter saying he believes in alien UFOs. It makes sense for him to respond as he does, with a respectable amount of skepticism, but interesting that he actually said he believes in both kinds of UFOs and that "all things are possible" even at the time when he is supposed to have believed that people should never ever know the truth.

"Use what seems like poison as medicine. We can use our personal suffering as the path to compassion for all beings." Pema Chodron
padma norbu

Postby padma norbu » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:08 pm

The COMETA report was interesting because it was a fairly expensive production created by the French government (CNES) and basically an announcement to the world (probably especially the USA) that they don't buy the story that governments knows nothing about UFO phenomena and urges everyone to "come clean."

padma norbu

Postby Sherab Dorje » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:39 pm

What a good idea, I mean we have a thread on Tolle so why not have a thread on aliens and UFO's?

Tin foil cat.jpg
Tin foil cat.jpg (10.33 KiB) Viewed 923 times
"When one is not in accord with the true view
Meditation and conduct become delusion,
One will not attain the real result
One will be like a blind man who has no eyes."
Naropa - Summary of the View from The Eight Doha Treasures
Sherab Dorje
Global Moderator

Postby padma norbu » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:42 pm

Sherab Dorje wrote:What a good idea, I mean we have a thread on Tolle so why not have a thread on aliens and UFO's?

Tin foil cat.jpg

How did I know you'd be the first one to respond with a useless comment?
padma norbu

Postby Sherab Dorje » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:48 pm

Whereas the stuff you posted is useful? For what, pray tell? :shrug:
Sherab Dorje
Global Moderator

Postby padma norbu » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:48 pm

Sherab Dorje wrote:Whereas the stuff you posted is useful? For what, pray tell? :shrug:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1NAGhiV ... be&t=1m12s
padma norbu

Postby Sherab Dorje » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:51 pm

It's useful for 1980's American pop-rock?
Sherab Dorje
Global Moderator

Postby padma norbu » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:52 pm

Sherab Dorje wrote:It's useful for 1980's American pop-rock?

Get a job.

But, barring that, here are some other threads you might want to chime in your wondrous contributions:

Sikh hockey player movie
Terrorist hijabi social experiment
Fox and Dog are Best Friends
Music time

PS. I am ignoring you now and will continue on posting about Aliens & UFOs as per the thread title.
padma norbu

Postby Sherab Dorje » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:01 pm

padma norbu wrote:Get a job.
I honestly wish I could. With the recession here in Greece I haven't had decent employment for over three years now.

You reckon they might need experimental animals on board the UFO's? I can whip up a decent CV and you could forward it to the aliens for me. :smile:

Lighten up dude, just having some fun! Nothing to get your tin foil hat crumpled up over.
Sherab Dorje
Global Moderator

Postby padma norbu » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:06 pm

Comical how some people elevate their pedestrian opinions above experts' informed statements and testimony. Also comical how people who believe in Buddhist cosmology fancy themselves logical skeptics when it comes to the topic of aliens & ufos considering we have much more proof of the latter.

Anyway, back to the subject...
padma norbu

Postby Sherab Dorje » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:10 pm

I'm not a sceptic, I see no reason whatsoever to deny that there are sentient beings occupying other planets, and that maybe they might even have visited (or are currently visiting) this one. None at all. It's just that I have my hands full trying to deal with earthly beings (and their vehicles) without having to take into account aliens (and UFO's) too.
Sherab Dorje
Global Moderator

Postby padma norbu » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:15 pm

padma norbu

Postby padma norbu » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:52 pm

I like that the FBI has this document up. It is their most-visited file by a large margin:

http://vault.fbi.gov/hottel_guy/Guy%20H ... f%201/view
padma norbu

Postby Sherab Dorje » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:58 pm

I'm still waiting to see how it all ties into your introductory statement re Buddhism, aliens and other dimensional beings.
Sherab Dorje
Global Moderator

Postby padma norbu » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:10 pm

I really enjoyed entertaining the ideas in this guy's talk over the past couple days...

Fun stuff. Guy should write a scifi book.

PS - UFOtv puts the stuff on YouTube themselves, so the FBI warning can be ignored.
padma norbu

Postby padma norbu » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:21 pm

padma norbu

Postby practitioner » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:22 pm

What I find interesting is that say we found another race of beings on a far away planet, no doubt we would try to contact them. How come the aliens that found us only make crow circles and screw with our electronics...
One should do nothing other than benefit sentient beings either directly or indirectly - Shantideva
practitioner

Postby padma norbu » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:27 pm

practitioner wrote:What I find interesting is that say we found another race of beings on a far away planet, no doubt we would try to contact them. How come the aliens that found us only make crow circles and screw with our electronics...

There are some interesting ideas out there for sure. Seems like they're doing more than these 2 things, though.

padma norbu

Postby smcj » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:39 pm

I'm a skeptic about the reports of visitations, but I nwould not be overly shocked to find out that I'm wrong. But even if the human race lasts for a billion years and explores the entire galaxy without finding anybody else, there are still billions of other galaxies we will never explore--presumably. So even if we human never make contact with any other intelligent life forms before our extinction, there's still a distinct possibility that somewhere else there is intelligent life. We will never be able to "prove" there is not, imo.

Having said that, in my own explorations of life I have with 100% certainty discovered truly alien intelligence; it's called an intelligent member of the opposite sex. That's alien enough to satisfy my curiosity.
A human being has his limits. And thus, in every conceivable way, with every possible means, he tries to make the teaching enter into his own limits. ChNN
smcj

Next

Return to Media