Eckart Tolle - master of the park bench

A place for videos, pictures, and any other sort of Buddhist or non-Buddhist media.

Re: Eckart Tolle - master of the park bench

Postby padma norbu » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:57 am

smcj wrote:Any religion invokes strong and compelling ideas and feelings. These feelings and beliefs want to find expression, to be consummated, to be lived experience, to become act-ual. With Dharma we are swamped with things to do in order to make it real for us, especially in the TB camp. The amount of all-out work involved is staggering. If one is really applying themselves they have no spare time or energy to try to lay trips on other people. It's the best they can do to help a newbie that wants the help.

But if someone is not given a means to make it real for them in that way, they still want to make it real, and that can then be done in the crudest way of enacting it in the world. Getting somebody else to buy into it is making it real in the world--or it seems to be in the eyes of someone that can't understand it is they that has to change. Finding 'evil' elsewhere and engaging in conflict defines the person as 'good'. That role then gives pleasure, and seemingly the ideas and beliefs have become lived experience.

I went to a monastery once, and my teacher asked me about it. I said, "Well, they don't talk about Dharma much". My teacher replied, "That's a good sign. That means they are actually doing it and don't need to talk about it."

Ending this post to go sit now. :-0


:thanks:
"Use what seems like poison as medicine. We can use our personal suffering as the path to compassion for all beings." Pema Chodron
User avatar
padma norbu
 
Posts: 2000
Joined: Sun May 29, 2011 1:10 am

Re: Eckart Tolle - master of the park bench

Postby padma norbu » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:59 am

dharmagoat wrote:I'm bored. Can I join your squabble?


If you don't care about getting banned, by all means. Just do what Sherab Dorje does. Since you are not Sherab Dorje, you will get in trouble.
"Use what seems like poison as medicine. We can use our personal suffering as the path to compassion for all beings." Pema Chodron
User avatar
padma norbu
 
Posts: 2000
Joined: Sun May 29, 2011 1:10 am

Re: Eckart Tolle - master of the park bench

Postby dharmagoat » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:04 am

padma norbu wrote:
dharmagoat wrote:I'm bored. Can I join your squabble?


If you don't care about getting banned, by all means. Just do what Sherab Dorje does. Since you are not Sherab Dorje, you will get in trouble.

Often it is only Sherab Dorje that has the balls to come out and say things that others of us are thinking quietly to ourselves. Other times he is just being a bastard.
May all beings be happy
dharmagoat
 
Posts: 1199
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:39 pm

Re: Eckart Tolle - master of the park bench

Postby padma norbu » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:05 am

dharmagoat wrote:
padma norbu wrote:
dharmagoat wrote:I'm bored. Can I join your squabble?


If you don't care about getting banned, by all means. Just do what Sherab Dorje does. Since you are not Sherab Dorje, you will get in trouble.

Often it is Sherab Dorje that has the balls to come out and say things that others of us are thinking quietly to ourselves. Other times he is just being a bastard.


Oh, that is very boring. I have found his approach very boring. I am quite glad that the rest of you are not so simplistic in your approach. As others have said, his approach is to "come out swinging." It's a lot of nonsense. It is not brave or anything. It is sad that you are impressed by this.
"Use what seems like poison as medicine. We can use our personal suffering as the path to compassion for all beings." Pema Chodron
User avatar
padma norbu
 
Posts: 2000
Joined: Sun May 29, 2011 1:10 am

Re: Eckart Tolle - master of the park bench

Postby dharmagoat » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:09 am

padma norbu wrote:
dharmagoat wrote:Often it is Sherab Dorje that has the balls to come out and say things that others of us are thinking quietly to ourselves. Other times he is just being a bastard.

Oh, that is very boring. I have found his approach very boring. I am quite glad that the rest of you are not so simplistic in your approach. As others have said, his approach is to "come out swinging." It's a lot of nonsense. It is not brave or anything. It is sad that you are impressed by this.

It cheers me up.
May all beings be happy
dharmagoat
 
Posts: 1199
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:39 pm

Re: Eckart Tolle - master of the park bench

Postby padma norbu » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:10 am

It's also pathetic that he's going to "win" ... says a lot about this system.

His actions show he has routinely played the game to his advantage by getting a thread he doesn't like locked or by pestering someone into a suspension.

What a pathetic way to live.
"Use what seems like poison as medicine. We can use our personal suffering as the path to compassion for all beings." Pema Chodron
User avatar
padma norbu
 
Posts: 2000
Joined: Sun May 29, 2011 1:10 am

Re: Eckart Tolle - master of the park bench

Postby padma norbu » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:11 am

I don't like this thread... I'm going to get it locked.

Herpty derpty derp.
"Use what seems like poison as medicine. We can use our personal suffering as the path to compassion for all beings." Pema Chodron
User avatar
padma norbu
 
Posts: 2000
Joined: Sun May 29, 2011 1:10 am

Re: Eckart Tolle - master of the park bench

Postby dharmagoat » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:17 am

padma norbu wrote:I don't like this thread... I'm going to get it locked.

Herpty derpty derp.

Hey padma, I've got your nose!
May all beings be happy
dharmagoat
 
Posts: 1199
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:39 pm

Re: Eckart Tolle - master of the park bench

Postby padma norbu » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:20 am

dharmagoat wrote:
padma norbu wrote:I don't like this thread... I'm going to get it locked.

Herpty derpty derp.

Hey padma, I've got your nose!


Interesting response. I remember in the early 90s when the first season of MTVs "The Real World" aired, a lot of people I knew were big fans of Puck. LOL
"Use what seems like poison as medicine. We can use our personal suffering as the path to compassion for all beings." Pema Chodron
User avatar
padma norbu
 
Posts: 2000
Joined: Sun May 29, 2011 1:10 am

Re: Eckart Tolle - master of the park bench

Postby padma norbu » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:21 am

I'll be here all night, so ask whatever you want. I won't be here tomorrow, I have guaranteed that... which is great because I need to focus on my work again. Not an accident.
"Use what seems like poison as medicine. We can use our personal suffering as the path to compassion for all beings." Pema Chodron
User avatar
padma norbu
 
Posts: 2000
Joined: Sun May 29, 2011 1:10 am

Re: Eckart Tolle - master of the park bench

Postby Tara » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:24 am

Please note: Topic locked for review.
It's not a competition. It's a choice.
Tara
User avatar
Tara
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4198
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:59 am
Location: Who cares!

Previous

Return to Media

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

>