Art I am working on now

A place to post videos, pictures, and any other sort of Buddhist or non-Buddhist media.
tidathep

Re: Art I am working on now

Post by tidathep »

[quote="reddust"]
Kundaliniattack.jpg
Decided to try a new style of painting, more illustration of a meditating experience I had. The girls red hair is representing strong determination and meditating like your hair is on fire. You all can figure out what the other objects represent if you know your mythology and symbols.quote]
---------------
Sawaddee Ka..Reddust,

I truly love the painting of the girl/the big naga...very beautiful !

I also love love this Thai painting:

tidathep :twothumbsup:
padma norbu

Post by padma norbu »

reddust wrote:I will be refraining from posting my work not related to buddhist subjects from now on and will no longer be posting my paintings or other interests on this site. Thank you for your interest. Much appreciated. :namaste:
Does this have something to do with being an introvert by nature? I keep my professional life about as far removed from my online presence as possible, personally. It doesn't fulfill the expectation to "social network one's way to fame and riches" as seems to be the prevailing wisdom these days, but I'm a hermit at heart.
"Use what seems like poison as medicine. We can use our personal suffering as the path to compassion for all beings." Pema Chodron
padma norbu

Post by padma norbu »

PS, I'm a big fan of Jim Woodring, too. And, for a completely different vibe (awful, really), another Fantagraphics artist I really LOVE is Al Columbia. Totally creepy stuff, but man does ever have a cool style.

https://www.google.com/search?q=al+colu ... 152%3B1491

I wanted to emulate it somewhat once in my 20s, but glad I never focused on creating such dark stuff. It apparently was partially why Al had some problems and stopped working for several years. I read that he tore up all his artwork and disappeared for quite a while. He has a hardcover book called Pim & Francy which is made up of the torn up pieces he eventually put back together and scanned in, but there is no narrative, really. It's just kind of dreamy. Very cool book, but almost feel possessed!
"Use what seems like poison as medicine. We can use our personal suffering as the path to compassion for all beings." Pema Chodron
reddust

Post by reddust »

padma norbu wrote:
reddust wrote:I will be refraining from posting my work not related to buddhist subjects from now on and will no longer be posting my paintings or other interests on this site. Thank you for your interest. Much appreciated. :namaste:
Does this have something to do with being an introvert by nature? I keep my professional life about as far removed from my online presence as possible, personally. It doesn't fulfill the expectation to "social network one's way to fame and riches" as seems to be the prevailing wisdom these days, but I'm a hermit at heart.
I am such an introvert, my Mom thought I was autistic as a child and the Doctor laughed at her. He told her, "She is very intelligent which will make for a difficult child to raise." I avoid large crowds and too much noise, very confusing and draining to me. I am really good at being social for about 2 hours and than I need a time out because I feel drunk and exhausted. I am lucky, my husband is the same way. I could never live with an extrovert. Online communication and socializing doesn't drain energy from me. It's nice and I've met a lot of people who post on this forum face to face through retreat work and Buddhist type gatherings. I am sure most would swear I am not an introvert ha! I've never been good at keeping parts of my life from mixing with other parts, it's all in the mix. I am just refraining from posting so many photos and clogging up the system.

I have had a very hard time selling my work in the past, I love my work and don't want to let it go, hopefully my practice and experience in the business world will have improved my abilities :thumbsup:
Mind and mental events are concepts, mere postulations within the three realms of samsara Longchenpa .... A link to my Garden, Art and Foodie blog Scratch Living
reddust

Post by reddust »

---------------
Sawaddee Ka..Reddust,

I truly love the painting of the girl/the big naga...very beautiful !

I also love love this Thai painting:

tidathep :twothumbsup:[/quote]

Thank you so much Tidathep, I love all the work you post as well, so soothing for the heart. I wonder if a Naga visited me on that retreat. I hadn't thought of that. Thank goodness I didn't get bit :lol:
Mind and mental events are concepts, mere postulations within the three realms of samsara Longchenpa .... A link to my Garden, Art and Foodie blog Scratch Living

Return to “Media”