Ferry sinking

A place to post videos, pictures, and any other sort of Buddhist or non-Buddhist media.
shaunc

Ferry sinking

Post by shaunc »

A ferry sank today in Cebu, Philippines, so far they have recovered 24 bodies & 270 people are still missing. Please spare a thought for these people. Disasters like this are not uncommon in the Philippine islands, an archipelago of over 7,000 islands. I have a bit of a soft spot for the Philippine people & Cebuanos in particular as this is where my wife is from, so far our phone hasn't rung so hopefully none of her relatives were on board.
tidathep

Re: Ferry sinking

Post by tidathep »

shaunc wrote:A ferry sank today in Cebu, Philippines, so far they have recovered 24 bodies & 270 people are still missing. Please spare a thought for these people. Disasters like this are not uncommon in the Philippine islands, an archipelago of over 7,000 islands. I have a bit of a soft spot for the Philippine people & Cebuanos in particular as this is where my wife is from, so far our phone hasn't rung so hopefully none of her relatives were on board.
Dear Shaunc,

I'll pray for their safety...some good news:

The ferry sank on Friday after a collision just outside the central port of Cebu with a cargo vessel owned by a company involved in the world's worst peacetime maritime disaster nearly 30 years ago.

Divers will resume searching early on Sunday, Transportation Secretary Joseph Emilio Abaya told a news conference in Manila, after heavy rain brought by a typhoon and low pressure had reduced visibility at sea almost to zero.

"Diving operations stopped because of weather conditions," Abaya said, adding that 661 of the 831 passengers and crew on the ferry had been accounted for. With 32 dead and 629 rescued, there are 170 missing. Just 17 of the dead have been identified.

tidathep :anjali:
shaunc

Re: Ferry sinking

Post by shaunc »

Thanks.

Return to “Media”