Juan Carlos Aguilar, Shaolin Master, murders a prostitute

A place for videos, pictures, and any other sort of Buddhist or non-Buddhist media.

Juan Carlos Aguilar, Shaolin Master, murders a prostitute

Postby Dan74 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:19 am

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/03/juan-carlos-aguilar-shaolin-master-murder_n_3380340.html

A Kung fu world champion and Shaolin master was arrested Sunday after Spanish authorities found a woman brutally beaten and tied up in his martial arts gym in Bilbao. But the vicious assault may not be 47-year-old Juan Carlos Aguilar's only crime.

After police searched his gym and home, they found other remains, believed to be human.

[...]

As El Pais notes, Aguilar was crowned a world champion in Kung fu three times. He was later inducted as a Shaolin master, a title rarely given to martial arts experts outside China. Aguilar, who adopted the name Huang C. Aguilar after he received the title, also founded a Buddhist monastery named Ocean of Tranquility in China.

According to the Shaolin Temple's website, the martial arts form practiced by monks at the temple "fully reflects the wisdom of Chan Buddhism."
Dan74

Re: Juan Carlos Aguilar, Shaolin Master, murders a prostitut

Postby Sherab Dorje » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:20 am

After watching the first minute of the video the only thing I can think of saying is: what a w*nk*r!

Maybe some hard time in prison will get him thinking about what Buddhism actually is.
"When one is not in accord with the true view
Meditation and conduct become delusion,
One will not attain the real result
One will be like a blind man who has no eyes."
Naropa - Summary of the View from The Eight Doha Treasures
Sherab Dorje
Global Moderator

Postby lobster » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:35 am

Tragic.

I am sure he was a dedicated practitioner as well as murderer. Very sad example.
I have not murdered anyone and hope that is not part of my karma, however others are not so fortunate. Being murdered is terrible. :crying:
We practice sila for a reason.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Śīla

Please devote your puja to those involved.
May they know peace.

Almost beyond belief. Martial arts at his level normally placates the negative emotive states. Something went very wrong. Does anyone know his teachers? Crazed martial artists not uncommon but even so . . .

We really are in the Kali Yuga . . .
lobster

Postby MalaBeads » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:12 am

lobster wrote:Tragic.

I am sure he was a dedicated practitioner as well as murderer. Very sad example.
I have not murdered anyone and hope that is not part of my karma, however others are not so fortunate. Being murdered is terrible. :crying:
We practice sila for a reason.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Śīla

Please devote your puja to those involved.
May they know peace.

Almost beyond belief. Martial arts at his level normally placates the negative emotive states. Something went very wrong. Does anyone know his teachers? Crazed martial artists not uncommon but even so . . .

We really are in the Kali Yuga . . .

Indeed, very sad, very tragic.

I have never killed anyone either (at least not in this life) although i still have my moments with mosquitos (repellant seems to work best there.) But not to digress....

Being half way around the world, i guess we will never know the circumstances. But I am wondering about the reporting that this "fully represents the wisdom of Chan." I don't know all of Chan teaching by any means but this seems strange to me.

Whatever did or did not happen, may everyone involved be released from the terrible hatred that such a event brought forth.

May such hatred be cooled and transformed into loving kindness for all beings.

And may the Buddhas words be realized that hatred never ceases through hatred but only through love.

:namaste:
MalaBeads

Return to Media